Everote WEB Improved Text Editor

andree

I'm thinking about creating Evernote Web Text Editor alternative by using Evernote API, and I wanted to ask community if somebody would find this useful and probably use themselves?

Here's what I think =>

I'm using Evernote WEB version a lot and I'm really frustrated with Text Editor. I do a lot of copy/paste from websites and format that text further, and I really find Evernote Text Editor lacking some important features that could improve my experience and allow for faster text editing. Here's what I'm thinking:
  • Tabbed interface inside WebApp, instead of opening each new note in different browser tab.
  • Tag notes by writing hashes inline (like "text text #some-tag text text") instead of pointing to header, finding "+" and then entering tag. Breaks the whole typing experience. Also, when starting to write tag, search by "contains" not "startsWith". If you have a lot of tags like me, it gets hard to remember all the names, easier to find with when searching by "contain".
  • Better overall formatting experience. I hate that I have to mark text, then find "remove formatting" button, then press "bold", choose color, press "red" etc. What I offer instead if formatting while you write, without switching to mouse and UI buttons:
    • want to clear formatting? write "/clean" + enter inline and format is removed
    • want to bold text? write "/b" inline + enter and current paragraph is bold
    • want to color text? write "/red" inline + enter and text is red.
    • also, I could provide way to define your own shortcuts and hotkeys for formatting
  • Level 5*
On 2017-04-02 at 7:57 AM, andree said:

I'm thinking about creating Evernote Web Text Editor alternative by using Evernote API, and I wanted to ask community if somebody would find this useful and probably use themselves?

It's not just the web, there are a many posts about the Evernote editor.

There are many alternate editors available, but I think the tone of these posts is that the users refuse to use any alternatives; the features must be added to the Evernote editor

• Level 5*

Easy answer for web editor - use Google Docs or third party WP like Word.  Generate document,  copy and paste content into Note and attach original file or use Evernote's Google integration to link to file.  To edit content,  open original file,  change content,  re-copy if the changes are significant.  (The actual note content is just for the search index.)

Plus -no disrespect- I'd be reluctant to use untried TP software to mess with my database.  ^_^

Archived