A standard Sync button

Meraig

Idea

EverNote dev team -- please put a standard Sync button UP FRONT  in every product like the one in the desktop.  I do Notes on my iPhone and on my iPad, and I want them to sync so that when I get back to my desktop system of record, the new content is there for me.

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Not sure.  t's kind of a default move in IOS, works the same in the mail client.  Just like pressing time at the top of the screen takes you to the top of the current list.  Agreed that it would not be obvious to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Meraig said:

EverNote dev team -- please put a standard Sync button UP FRONT  in every product like the one in the desktop.  I do Notes on my iPhone and on my iPad, and I want them to sync so that when I get back to my desktop system of record, the new content is there for me.

I agree.  I shouldn't have to go looking for these things.  In IOS, "sync now" is located on the User screen

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Meraig said:

on IOS, they implemented the standard "pull to refresh" gesture, so just pull down your list of notes. Most apps with refresh-able data use this gesture.

Notes unsync'd show a tiny green triangle in the upper right after you have gone back to the note list, and as long as you have a connection, it will sync up very quickly. The only time I ever have multiple triangles is when I am on a plane or somewhere with no service so all changes are pending sync.

• Thanks 1

Hello .. I have this same problem .. 

I work on my Mother's I-Mac Desktop.  it is not a touch screen.  so the previous suggestion does not apply while on this imac.

I have had much trouble with duplicates (dono if its because i use chrome on a mac .. however . .  in November i had the only time i used the full quota of my free subscription in evernote and i believe that it was caused by this issue .... not being able to sync... and therefore i clipped again ... I have just deleted over 30 webpages..  I am now challenged to find where or how to see if recently clipped articles are on the web version of evernote.

I thought i remembered having a sync button at the upper left of the page ... however i cannot find it now.. 

It would be great if someone could take a screenshot of where to LOOK  and how to sync evernote while on "someone else's  computer" and am confined to using the web version.

Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Debra said:

It would be great if someone could take a screenshot of where to LOOK  and how to sync evernote while on "someone else's  computer" and am confined to using the web version.

I've moved this discussion to the IOS forum.

The sync function uploads/downloads edits between
      device database  <>  master database maintained on the Evernote server

On the web platform, 
- there is no device database
- edits are working directly with the Evernote server database
There is no sync function required

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, Lauradothughes said:

I have put notes into my web evernote and they are not coming up on my other devices. Can't find where to sync them?

Which device/platform are you using?

The web platform saves data directly to the Evernote server.  There is no sync function.

My iPad and iPhone automatically access/sync data to the Evernote server.  The data is linked by account id 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:25 PM, CalS said:

Dragging down on the notes list forces a sync on the iDevices.

This doesnt always work.  I have frequently encountered issues where notes are not syncing.  I pull down and think it works, then when i go to settings and sync and press that, the app crashes because somehow sync isnt working.  Pull down doesnt show these failures for some reason.

the lack of sync button is VERY VERY painful when you work on a different device 
Ok, the app tells you "all your modification has been recorded" BUT it doesn't mean "all the modification has been imported" unfortunately and when I modify things on one device I've just no way other than wait and I have EACH TIME to check MANUALY my last modification has been imported well.
PAINFUL

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, wbutchart said:

This doesnt always work.  I have frequently encountered issues where notes are not syncing.  I pull down and think it works, then when i go to settings and sync and press that, the app crashes because somehow sync isnt working.  Pull down doesnt show these failures for some reason.

Which version?  This post is from three and a half years ago. 

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, wbutchart said:

Oft! The iOS ones lol! Nice to know you are still around all these years later! 😂

Just wondering if you were referring to V10 or pre V10.  'Cuz V10 does not work as you would expect.  :wacko: