unable to export all notes

hey,

i fail again and again trying to export all my notes out of evernote (backup). works well to export a few notes (File<Export Notes...), but not my whole library (around 2700 notes without heavy attachments). should be possible to export them all in 30min, shouldn't it? i tried it three times over night (approx. 9h), but didn't work. any ideas? system: both evernote and mac current version

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, lino sutter said:

i fail again and again trying to export all my notes out of evernote (backup). works well to export a few notes (File<Export Notes...), but not my whole library (around 2700 notes without heavy attachments). should be possible to export them all in 30min, shouldn't it? i tried it three times over night (approx. 9h), but didn't work. any ideas? system: both evernote and mac current version

Each week, I export my 10k/7GB notes with no problem; about 25 minutes

I have this scripted, but it's using the native Export function

Is there any additional information on the failure?

22 hours ago, lino sutter said:

hey,

@lino sutter

When exporting all of your notes, does the app get stuck on the "downloading content" window?

yeah, exactly. tried it again yesterday after a dozen of failed attempts - and it worked! don't know why, but it only works if i select all of my notes and go to "file">"export notes". doesn't work if i use apple script, where it shows "downloading content" window. having said that i use the backup script of jamie rubin (https://github.com/jamietr1/evernote-backup) and the latest beta version of evernote. nevertheless: thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, lino sutter said:

update: now i'm at this point where it stopped working completely, even with File>Export Notes59023a588bcfb_Screenshot2017-04-2709_46_07.png.1bab39bc04f432d8d54662e44570cab5.png

Hi @lino sutter, thanks for letting me know. Can you try the following steps to trigger a force sync in Evernote Mac and let me know if the issue persists?

1. Open Evernote for Mac

2. Hold the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel (next to your username)

3. Depending on the number of notes in your account, the amount of time it can take for the force sync to finish will vary. 

Please allow the application to complete the sync process before continuing to use the application.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:38 PM, BSR said:

Hi @lino sutter, thanks for letting me know. Can you try the following steps to trigger a force sync in Evernote Mac and let me know if the issue persists?

1. Open Evernote for Mac

2. Hold the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel (next to your username)

3. Depending on the number of notes in your account, the amount of time it can take for the force sync to finish will vary. 

Please allow the application to complete the sync process before continuing to use the application.

thanks, but didn't make the trick. tried it several times, including reboot, pressing and holding option+shift.

Archived