perfectionist

Feature Request: Shortcut Button In Note

Idea

11 replies to this idea

Yup. File|make shortcut or something. Mac and Windows. 

On 3/29/2017 at 11:39 AM, perfectionist said:

Thanks for creating a feature request for this. Seems like a basic thing that should be part of the UI! Hope they'll add it ... soon. 

Absolutely! Why can't I add to shortcuts from within the note I am working in??? Thanks for creating the feature request

Hi - Not sure if we're on the same page here,  but right-clicking any note title gets you to Copy Note Link.  Ctrl-click that for a classic note link and create a standard Windows shortcut on the desktop.  It's not exactly elegant,  but you can get a link to a note.  Just not with one click.

Adding shortcuts

1 hour ago, sergey_mipt said:

from within the note I am working in

Sounds like a different question- are you wanting to jump to a section of that note?  Internal links aren't (yet) available,  but have been requested.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, gazumped said:

Hi - Not sure if we're on the same page here,  but right-clicking any note title gets you to Copy Note Link.  Ctrl-click that for a classic note link and create a standard Windows shortcut on the desktop.  It's not exactly elegant,  but you can get a link to a note.  Just not with one click.

Adding shortcuts

Sounds like a different question- are you wanting to jump to a section of that note?  Internal links aren't (yet) available,  but have been requested.

@gazumped

Hi, I mean, I want a way to create a shortcut for a note from the note window (opened by double clicking on a note in the evernote window). Not from the main evernote window. See the pic. I highlighted areas where the requested button or a menu item can be located.

1.PNG

12 hours ago, sergey_mipt said:

@gazumped

Hi, I mean, I want a way to create a shortcut for a note from the note window (opened by double clicking on a note in the evernote window). Not from the main evernote window. See the pic. I highlighted areas where the requested button or a menu item can be located.

1.PNG

I believe the shortcuts bar is only available in the main window, not the note in its own window window.  Is this a request for a shortcuts bar for the note in its own window window?

4 hours ago, csihilling said:

I believe the shortcuts bar is only available in the main window, not the note in its own window window.  Is this a request for a shortcuts bar for the note in its own window window?

I think sergey_mipt is asking for the way to add the note to shortcuts bar from its own window. When you right-click on the note in the main window, one of the options in the right-click menu that come up are "Add to Shortcuts." But there is no option to add a note to shortcuts from its own window.

36 minutes ago, keisoko said:

I think sergey_mipt is asking for the way to add the note to shortcuts bar from its own window. When you right-click on the note in the main window, one of the options in the right-click menu that come up are "Add to Shortcuts." But there is no option to add a note to shortcuts from its own window.

Okay, that makes sense.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:10 AM, keisoko said:

@keisoko @csihilling this is exactly what I meant. 10x ))

Yes please add that basic functionality that makes all the sense of the wold. Been looking for it thinking I'm crazy and missed something. Consistency please.