iOS - Mac Sync fail

Viking2965

Idea

Hi Evernote,

I made a lot of changes in iOS Evernote and the original Mac Evernote file overwrote all my work. That was enough wasted time to drop my faith in Evernote.

Syncing should recognize the most recently updated note first. I am working with poor WiFi bandwidth. Would that be a factor? Both Evernote apps are up to date.

I Evernote and have had few issues over the years so this is disturbing. Can I recover the prior note version? Looking is Trash isn’t the solution.

Thanks,

Grant

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Viking2965 said:

I made a lot of changes in iOS Evernote and the original Mac Evernote file overwrote all my work.

I haven't seen this before.  My conflcts are because I've updated on multiple devices without syncing.
In this case, Evernote uses the latest update

Evernote attempts to identify conflicts and provides both version of the note; either appended to the note, or stored in a notebook

Evernote also has a Note History feature which can be used if the note was synced to the servers

Hi DTLow,

Thank you for responding, I’m not using a server so that hope of Note History is out.

I still have 60 MB of space for March.

I see no append to the main note. There is a note from yesterday in Trash on this main note that had changes lost this morning.

I think the ridiculously slow WiFi I am working with right now has something to do with this note. I was getting a lot of “Cannot Sync.
” Also I renamed this note last night or early this morning before making these new changes. Probably a combination of the slow WiFi, note renaming, and not checking for good sync prior to closing Evernote… because syncing is affected by the slow WiFi in any case.

Thanks,

Grant

Archived