Automatic Logout if application is closed

devarni

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I would anticipate some complaints from folks who don't share computers and only wanted to close the window,  not exit and log in again...  is File > Sign Out not a feasible option?

Why not give the user running the EN application whether to actually log out or not? Under "Option" -> "General", you could add a checkbox saying "Automatically log out the current user when exiting Evernote". When the user closes the Evernote window, EN can look at that checkbox. If it's checked, perform the operation File -> Sign out User then File -> Exit. If not, the just File -> Exit. It isn't that hard unless I'm missing something.

• Level 5*
On 12/11/2017 at 7:28 PM, Larry999 said:

It isn't that hard unless I'm missing something.

Not hard,  but that means changing at least one main system menu and adding the coding to make the preference happen and save your choice.  Takes time and resources that might be spent on one of about 1,000 competing suggestions from other users...

I agree 100%. In development there’s always a trade-off between resources you have and the features people want. I was just commenting about how it was technically straightforward. However it may never get done (understandably so) due to trying to balance ever-shifting resources, feature requests, bug fixes and existing development already in flight. 

• Level 5*
On 2/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, usr.cm said:

Evernote for windows, please consider adding the logout after X minutes of no activity" feature

Hi.  Please post your request in the Feature Request forums - either in General Feature Requests or Evernote for Windows - I can't move this post for you.  It will attract some votes there,  and may be considered by the Evernote team.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:59 PM, gazumped said:

Not hard,  but that means changing at least one main system menu and adding the coding to make the preference happen and save your choice.  Takes time and resources that might be spent on one of about 1,000 competing suggestions from other users...

If I remember correctly, I think we used to have an option to logout on close. For whatever reason, that was removed. (If I remember, that was done not too long after I started here - I've been here 6 yrs.)

Archived