Zoom torture

CuriousMind

Idea

Dear Evernote Team,

I am using Evernote to take notes on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. The zooming feature in sketch has become a very serious problem for me. As I approach to the bottom of the page, it uncontrollably and unintentionally zooms ins/outs which drives me nuts and makes the note taking experience unbearable. 

Here are two ways to solve this problem:

1) Add a button to lock the zoom (which I think it is very easy to implement code-wise)

2) Change the zoom gesture from two fingers to something like 3 fingers or 4 fingers. I think this will solve the problem of palm effect. 

Please do not try to solve this problem by some sort of "smart detection of palm position" etc. People change palm positions all the time during a real note taking session. 

Could you please be kind to tell me if you have any intention to solve this problem in the upcoming release (or patch/update). Or is it going to be as it is in the future releases? 

Thank you

A very curious mind. 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.

We're a (mainly) user-supported forum,  not Evernote support - you're most unlikely to get an individual response here;  try Support if you're a paying subscriber,  or Twitter if not.

As a fellow-user I can't comment on how easy or otherwise this might be to implement code-wise,  but the main question will be when can Evernote schedule the work (if and when they decide what solution to adopt) alongside all their other bug-fixing and general maintenance.

5 hours ago, CuriousMind said:

Could you please be kind to tell me if you have any intention to solve this problem in the upcoming release (or patch/update). Or is it going to be as it is in the future releases?

If this was a bug introduced with the most recent update,  it might be addressed by a further upgrade to that version.  If it's a longer-standing problem,  and since it does require some investigation to determine the best solution I'd guess it will be a future update.

This is absolutely a huge issue for me too.

Unpredictably when writing using my Apple Pencil the canvas zooms in & out, just not usable. I thought I'd found the ideal app for my iPad Pro with Apple pencil but it seems let down on this one feature.

Archived