Evernote Print Options Moved

cleverusername

Idea

The print dialog in earlier versions of EN (6.4.2.3788) included an Options button; this allowed control of what EN elements printed in addition to the note content. In 6.5.3.4452, the button is missing. The print options have been moved to Tools>Options>Printing. This is not helpful. I choose different options for printing different notes. Having the print options in the print dialog makes sense. Placing these options under the program options is unintuitive and inefficient. It would be great to get this reverted.

EN Print Options.png

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I absolutely agree.  Not an 'inspired' design choice... 

Edit: Didn't realise you hadn't posted this in an area where others can vote in favour of your suggestion.  I moved the post.  See top left for voting buttons...

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, gazumped said:

I absolutely agree.  Not an 'inspired' design choice... 

Edit: Didn't realise you hadn't posted this in an area where others can vote in favour of your suggestion.  I moved the post.  See top left for voting buttons...

It's a bit weird to vote for what has to be a bug, and not a non-feature.

The standard print options have "always" been in the Options menu, it's just the button that allows you to alter that for a single print that has disappeared. I would say it's a bug similar to the loss of the box that asks you if you want to overwrite a file when you download a Evernote attachment.

It seems like the latest version has lost some basic Windows features.

• Level 5*

You might be right - I never noticed these options before the Print box disappeared - but again it's a bit redundant to have the same options in two places;  maybe that's why the other set disappeared.  If so,  I think they made the wrong choice!

Either way;  despite the fact I rarely actually print anything these days - I want my print options back (in the right place)!  :P

FYI, from my 6.4.2.3788, the print options do not appear under Options. (In the screenshot, Show Advanced Options is not checked; checking that did not cause print options to appear in the EN options dialog.) Looking at a 6.1.2.2292 install, the print options do not appear with the other options; they are only in the print dialog.

Image.png

Archived