Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×

Hello all,

just started using evernote and already hit a limitation? I hope not :)

I'm in the situation where I need to find notes that simply contain the sequence of letters I enter in the search field. E.g. I enter "top" in the search, but notes that include the words like "Laptop" oor "abctopabc" don't get listed. 

I can't figure out how to enter that syntax.

Thanks for your help!

Erol

On 2017-03-23 at 4:39 PM, Erol said:

I'm in the situation where I need to find notes that simply contain the sequence of letters I enter in the search field. E.g. I enter "top" in the search, but notes that include the words like "Laptop" oor "abctopabc" don't get listed. 

Evernote search only acts on leading text; i.e. words beginning with "top"
The full documentation is here   Evernote Search Grammar

This is a must have future, for example we keep there invoices that start with IN0000000000074886 and usually I would just search for 74886, but evernote would not find the note, when I look for it mannually the 74886 are marked in yellow. This would be a very helpful future.

51 minutes ago, hotlk1 said:

This is a must have future, for example we keep there invoices that start with IN0000000000074886 and usually I would just search for 74886, but evernote would not find the note, when I look for it mannually the 74886 are marked in yellow. This would be a very helpful future.

Evernote hasn't given an indication of changing their search indexing
My solution is to put critical information into the title, and do intitle: searches
So in your example, the title would include  74886

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote hasn't given an indication of changing their search indexing
My solution is to put critical information into the title, and do intitle: searches
So in your example, the title would include  74886

Thank you, this is what we will do for now, but its nice to scan a file, drop it in evernote and then search for any part of it to see that specific note. Hope this comes as future functionality.