issue editing notes on Mac version - really really bad UX experience

I have a lot of issues editing my notes on the mac version of the Evernote app (latest versions of both macOS and Evernote) especially if I am adding content to the top of my notes and editing this content.

The attached image shows one of my issues that really annoys me constantly: It's impossible for me to insert the cursor on the last bullet point in this document. I can select the line after it and delete backward until the bullet point is gone and hit return to re-create the bullet point and write (as I end of in the end of the line "A online, B online" or I can set my cursor and the end of the line before and hit return and type and then go to the empty line after the 'stale' bullet point and hit delete to remove it.

This situation typically arises when I am writing the document and created the empty bullet point, move the cursor out of the app to copy some text and then move into the note again and I can't select the line with the bullet point.

Infuriating.

Also experienced when I am deleting text that the cursor suddenly is not where I expect it -- that is in the line I placed it when I started deleting text using the 'delete' key - but somewhere else in the document.

Likewise same experience if I place the cursor in a line and hit paste (some text from another app) and then undo - I have no idea where the cursor is set - and when I regret and select paste again (and I expect the cursor to be where it was placed) - then I find the text somewhere else in the document with absolutely no relation to where I was or where I expected to be.

Infuriating

evernote-issue-1.tiff

Archived