Notebook automatically shared when created

Hi everyone,

Every time I create a new notebook it automatically shares it with girlfriend, even though I choose "private" when creating. This means I have to into the share options and change it from public to private every time I make a note if I dont want it shared with my GF. Thats frustrating enough, but she also get an email saying ive shared when i havnt. Its very confusing and irritating :( 

Ive tried to find a setting that deals with this, but with no joy. 

I dont recall ever choosing the option TBH.

Has anyone had similar and able to help me out?  

Thanks in advance!!

Best

Joel

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always good to know what device you're using,  which OS and what Evernote version;  also how exactly are you creating a new notebook,  and in whose account is it being set up?

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me.

2015 Macbookpro - OS X el capitan - Latest evernote (downloaded this month) 

I create a new notebook by clicking on the notebook tab in the left hand side bar, then clicking on the + notebook tab in top left.

Best,

Joel

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'm not a Mac user,  but that sounds like the correct way to create a new (unshared) notebook to me.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  Maybe a Mac user can chip in with more suggestions...

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  If you have problems with a new release it's always better to post in the actual update thread where the devs will be watching,  than out here in the wilderness of the general threads.  Your post will get attention here,  but it may take a while for someone to get around to it.  We're (mainly) users here in the Forum,  not Evernote staff.  Reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

See also

Archived