So... Subscripts are kinda f***** up.

Glenwing

Idea

Yeah...

I don't think this behavior has always been the case, so it may be due to some semi-recent updates... Anyway there are numerous bugs showcased here; the first (and I'm guessing this is a "feature" not a bug) is the utterly bizarre decision to, when hitting the formatting buttons while typing, not only toggle the formatting effect on, but apply the effect to exactly one character before the cursor. Not sure in what situation that behavior would be useful, but...yeaaaah there it is...

But that only happens sometimes. I guess only if you just typed the text. No longer happens once the cursor has been moved manually. Inconsistent behavior not confusing at all. Would recommend just removing this "format one character before the cursor only if you just typed it" behavior entirely.

Secondly, all that above is irrelevant because the formatting disappears once I press space, so... yeah... bit of a bug there.

Then, after the formatting has been removed for some reason, the formatting buttons no longer work for toggling effects on and off while typing inside that word; the formatting effects are not applied and the buttons deactivate themselves immediately.

Of course, I can highlight the word and apply the effects after the word has been typed, which works. Until I type something before it and hit space, then the formatting is removed again. (the actual bug seems to be if a whitespace character, either space or newline, is inserted in the middle of a word with subscripts, the subscript effect is removed from both sides of the word. But typing more text at the front of the word and then adding a space between them is effectively the same thing).

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived