(Archived) Command Line and/or API for Universal Clipper

In order to assign the clipping action to custom keystrokes or other launchers (I'm using PenCommander on a Tablet PC), it would be really nice to have a way to invoke a clipping action via a command line or some sort of API.

Either that, or let us reconfigure the default hotkey (in my case, PenCommander won't let me script the Windows key, so I'd have to change Win-A to something else to have PenCommander invoke the Clipper).

Another advantage to having a way to programmatically invoke the clipper is that those of us who are programmers, ourselves, would be able to integrate clipping capabilities into our own scripts and add-ins for other applications. For example, I could see adding the ability to clip an email in Outlook automatically based on an Outlook rule being met and a custom action getting fired that invoked the universal clipper to import it into Evernote. :)

Just thinking out loud... those of us without handy keyboards often have unique issues in adopting solutions like yours...

In order to assign the clipping action to custom keystrokes or other launchers (I'm using PenCommander on a Tablet PC), it would be really nice to have a way to invoke a clipping action via a command line or some sort of API.

Either that, or let us reconfigure the default hotkey (in my case, PenCommander won't let me script the Windows key, so I'd have to change Win-A to something else to have PenCommander invoke the Clipper).

Another advantage to having a way to programmatically invoke the clipper is that those of us who are programmers, ourselves, would be able to integrate clipping capabilities into our own scripts and add-ins for other applications. For example, I could see adding the ability to clip an email in Outlook automatically based on an Outlook rule being met and a custom action getting fired that invoked the universal clipper to import it into Evernote. :)

Just thinking out loud... those of us without handy keyboards often have unique issues in adopting solutions like yours...

You can currently reconfigure both hotkeys for the Universal Clipper (Clip and Screen Capture) from the Registry. Just go to HKCU/Evernote/UniClipper and you'll see two values -- ClipShortcut and SnapshotShortcut which you can alter to your liking (provided the name of the shortcut can be understood by th system).

Archived