Stupid but urgent question - but need help on Plus features

Hi all - I use the free version of Evernote and love it.... but (and sorry for personal info here) my mother is ill and I'm going to be headed to the Bay Area to help her out for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. That said - this is my question - 

If I upgrade my free version to Plus - can I just download the app on her computer and access the notebooks that are on my PC? Would that work? Do I have to do anything special on my PC HERE before I do that? Alternatively (or additionally) can I download the app to my iphone and have access?? 

I have a few days before I need to go - but really need unfettered access and trying to figure the best way to accomplish that and get it all lined up.

Thank you SO much!

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, JHollard said:

If I upgrade my free version to Plus - can I just download the app on her computer and access the notebooks that are on my PC? Would that work?

Sorry to hear that your mother is ill.

Free accounts can be used on only two devices at a time (not including the web client); assuming that you're already using 2 devices (your iPhone, right?), then it may suit you to temporarily disable your home computer while you're working on your Mom's computer, and that should work fine with your free account (all of this is via the Evernote user interface; you don't need to be on your home computer to disable it). When you get home, disable your Mom's computer, and you should be good to go. 

You don't need to do anything special on your home Evernote; just download the application on your Mom's PC, install it, and log in with your Evernote account. It will sync, and you should be good to go. Ditto the iPhone (if you haven't already). When you're leaving your Mom's, make sure that you sync the Evernote installation on her PC before you leave, then when you get home, the new stuff will sync to your home computer.

Thank you SO much!!!  I haven't downloaded Evernote to my iPhone - I didn't realize I could and still use the free version (lol)...  You have NO idea what a relief this is to know....  It's not that I PLAN to do business when I'm there - but without my 3000+ notes? EEEK

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, JHollard said:

OK - it's not working - I've downloaded the app - but it's only showing about 10 of the 3000 notes I have...  I'm too stressed to try to figure out what the heck I've screwed up

Turn off Auto-Lock on your iPhone, open EN, and let it run for a while.

Thank you all so much - clearly I've set up my free account wrong in some way or another.... none of my notes show up on Evernote Web...  or on my iPhone....  I'm sure it's operator error....  will attempt to figure it out later or tomorrow - too stressed right now and not confident that even if I DID upgrade that it would work due to something I've done wrong

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, JHollard said:

Thank you all so much - clearly I've set up my free account wrong in some way or another.... none of my notes show up on Evernote Web...  or on my iPhone

Make sure you're using the correct userid and password

This is assuming that you've been running sync on your other devices

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, JHollard said:

Thank you all so much - clearly I've set up my free account wrong in some way or another.... none of my notes show up on Evernote Web...  or on my iPhone.

Are the notes you want to access in a synced notebook or a local notebook? Local notebooks are only accessible from the EN desktop app on the computer on which the notebook was created.

Archived