We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
JochenS

Evernote Notes no longer showing up in Google results

Hi Guys,

not sure what the reason might be but my evernote notes stopped showing up in the search results. I have enabled this in the web clipper extension.

Any ideas what the reason might be?

Regards,

Jochen

• Like 1

This is part of the Evernote web clipper product. Do you still have it installed? Are you logged in? Do you have the Web Clipper Options 'Show Evernote content related to my web searches' checked?

Hi Jefito,

yes I have all off these things setup. It used to work but has stopped a few days ago. Any other ideas what might cause those problems?

Regards.

Jochen

Hi everyone,

I have just solved the problem by deleting and reinstalling the extension.

Regards,

Jochen

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 3:46 PM, Tornike said:

Try force stop/clear data of the app

Would you mind to tell what do you mean by saying that? Did not get :mellow:

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?  I have the same situation.  If I remove and reinstall the Chrome extension I get a "no results" message for the first Google Search (even though I am searching for a term that I know exists in my collection) and then nothing at all for subsequent searches (i.e. not even an Evernote banner saying there are no results).

I don't even get the "no results" message. The widget itself just doesn't show at all for me anymore.

Steps I've taken to try and fix:

• Reinstall Evernote Web Clipper
  • Disable/Enable the option to show related notes in searches
  • Disable all extensions except Evernote Web Clipper.
  • Ensure that I am making searches that did indeed show notes in the past

None of these things worked, unfortunately. 

I had given up when it "started working again"  One thing that I have now noticed is that it won't come up if I search for just one word.  Eg.  If I search for "test" I get nothing (no dialog and no results).  If I search for "test speed" I get the dialog box with results.  I REALLY don't know what happened and I am kind of questioning my own sanity now! :-(

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2017 at 12:58 AM, Rider0 said:

I had given up when it "started working again"  One thing that I have now noticed is that it won't come up if I search for just one word.  Eg.  If I search for "test" I get nothing (no dialog and no results).  If I search for "test speed" I get the dialog box with results.  I REALLY don't know what happened and I am kind of questioning my own sanity now! :-(

Me, too. No results if I search for one word (e.g. "gold"). But if I search for several words, the results appear. Weird. Looks like a bug. Would the developers be so kind to comment on this?

PS: I use Kubuntu 16.04 LTS and Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Anything ever get resolved with this? I've had the same problem, have been going mad trying to get this back to working... Nothing gives 😕

Ran into this same issue. One word - no results. Multiple words - results shown.