Ability to configure custom keyboard shortcuts

mitwaaguys

Idea

When it comes to productivity, the ability to use keyword shortcuts which can be customized to personal tastes, is very important. Hard-wiring shortcuts in apps assumes that the user must remember those. Secondly, even if an user does so, it does not consider if he(she) can comfortably use those. 

A simple use case: While using Evernote for reading several long clipped articles on my laptop, I would like to recline a little in my chair. I want to highlight, change color, increase font size of selected text,  and copy a note link, and so on, in that state.

• I do not want to switch between my mouse and keyboard for small but frequent edits. 
  • I want functionalities through keyboards shortcuts to be equally accessible as through the mouse/touchpad. 
  • I want functionalities through keyboards shortcuts to be easily accessible as through the mouse/touchpad. 
  • I want editing functionalities accessible through one (say mouse/touchpad) should not be inaccessible through the other. I should be free to use either as I please.

But the predefined shortcuts are not friendly. For most shortcuts I have to use my both hands. For some, I have to lean forward. This makes reading/editing much difficult, particularly if that has to be done for longer hours.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, mitwaaguys said:

When it comes to productivity, the ability to use keyword shortcuts which can be customized to personal tastes, is very important.

For the Mac platform; this feature is built into OS; for most menu selected entries you can assign a keyboard shortcut.  
And we have scripting

Archived