Viewing and editing same note in two windows

goldbren

Idea

I often want to do the following:

1. View a note in the main Evernote app (Windows 8)

2. Double click to open the note in a popout window (so now I have the same note open in two windows)

3. Scroll down in the popout window to some information 

4. Copy the information from the popout to the top of the note in the evernote app

The problem is, every time I start typing at the top of the note in the Evernote app, the note in the popout window jumps back up to the top and I lose my place. Working in two places in the same document simultaneously is a common use case that works well with other apps, like Google docs. Is there any solution in Evernote? Thanks.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm in Win 10 and the current EN beta,  and a separate window works OK for me too,  editing the top of one and the bottom of the other without apparent conflict.

Can't think of any settings which might affect this - try uninstalling and reinstalling?  Or maybe use the web version and the desktop version for the separate windows?

Same thing happens to me, it's very irritating/ My use case is wanting to view one end of the note while editing another portion off-page. Whichever view you're editing in causes the other view to jump to the top if it gets focus. For me on Win10 this happens in the current beta (6.5.3.4452) as well as whatever the current stable version is.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Liam Gretton said:

Same thing happens to me, it's very irritating/ My use case is wanting to view one end of the note while editing another portion off-page. Whichever view you're editing in causes the other view to jump to the top if it gets focus. For me on Win10 this happens in the current beta (6.5.3.4452) as well as whatever the current stable version is.

Maybe it's a length thing.  I have the same versions of Windows and Evernote and tried a couple of example short notes.  They were long enough for the start to be out of sight of the end of the text,  except in separate windows.  But separate editing worked fine for me...

Archived