Synching reminders with android

Hi,

Im working with Evernote on Desktop and my question is if i can create a note with a reminder and sync it with my mobile phone so that the remind will appear on the phone in the time that i have set on desktop?

If so, how can i do it?

• Level 5

Yes, reminders sync with notes. If you set a reminder in the Windows program and sync, then do a sync in the Android app, the reminder will be there too. It will use the standard system notification sound and settings to alert you at the designated time.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, benny67b said:

Hi,

Im working with Evernote on Desktop and my question is if i can create a note with a reminder and sync it with my mobile phone so that the remind will appear on the phone in the time that i have set on desktop?

If so, how can i do it?

I would not rely on EN to create interrupt reminders (pop ups) on your phone.  When they do appear they can easily disappear without your seeing them and I don't think they all will appear in any case.  Reminders work best when you use saved searches  to access them.  You might want to use another app for time based interrupt reminders.

• Level 5

We all  have different ways of working, but I do find that Evernote reminders work pretty well on my phone. I'm not sure I understand the point of having reminders you need to search for--to me, it will only remind me of something if it does make a little noise or something at the appointed time.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

We all  have different ways of working, but I do find that Evernote reminders work pretty well on my phone. I'm not sure I understand the point of having reminders you need to search for--to me, it will only remind me of something if it does make a little noise or something at the appointed time.

My impression was the OP was asking about an alert type reminder, which EN does not do so well.  

My point with saved searches was that using them in EN is great, for me anyway, for accessing reminders quickly and easily, in different time frames.  Saved searches like Today, Tomorrow, Late, Next 7 days and the like.  Easy to bounce around your backlog.  But it is more by the day as opposed to hour kind of process, without alerts..  

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yes, I think that was the aim. But what do you find now working well with Evernote's alerts?

Assuming now in the above is not, a persistent hh:mm alert by reminder does not exist.  Not something I need, but something some look for in task management.  Just telling the OP not to expect it in EN.  

• Level 5

Right, sorry for the typo! Right also that persistent or repeating alerts, and snoozing, are annoyingly unavailable. But a single, one-time alert does work, I find. That sounded like all the OP wanted (and we really are doing a lot of interpreting of you, @benny67b - sorry!), a normal Evernote reminder created in Windows and synced to his phone.

Archived