Jump to content
We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
persistentone

Any Way To Force A Note Link to Popup New Window?

Recommended Posts

Is there any way to make the selection of a Note Link pop up a new window?   I build long Notes that contain many hot links to other Notes.  The problem is that this takes you into the new Note, and then you have lost your context in the Note you were previously in.  I don't see a "Back" button to restore the previous context.    I end up having to locate the Notebook, locate the Note, and then manually move the cursor down to where I started.  This reduces the value of having those Note links a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, persistentone said:

I don't see a "Back" button to restore the previous context.

Which platform?  I have navigation buttons in Evernote with my Mac and iPad 58c74834c3be1_ScreenShot2017-03-13at6_31_27PM.png.e9f1884849e39adff5f917ef1cb5c241.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Which platform?  I have navigation buttons in Evernote with my Mac and iPad 

I am on Windows.   A navigation button will force a new window to popup?   What is the UI behavior?

How do you create navigation buttons?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, persistentone said:

A navigation button will force a new window to popup?   What is the UI behavior?

How do you create navigation buttons?

You'll have to wait for a response from a Windows user

On the Mac, I can right click on a link and chose new window/tab, 58c74beaef851_ScreenShot2017-03-13at6_46_10PM.png.4626cd79c402d885a4e50a9a5cd582ff.png
and the existing note remains visible
Clicking on the link opens the note in the main window with the navigation buttons available

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You'll have to wait for a response from a Windows user

On the Mac, I can right click on a link and chose new window/tab, 58c74beaef851_ScreenShot2017-03-13at6_46_10PM.png.4626cd79c402d885a4e50a9a5cd582ff.png
and the existing note remains visible
Clicking on the link opens the note in the main window with the navigation buttons available

 

On Windows, when I right-click a Note link, I get Edit, Copy, and Remove as the three options.   There is no option to open Note in a new Window (or tab).

After experimenting, I found that you can do a Shift + Left Mouse Click and that will open in new Window.

Share this post


Link to post

[Moved to Windows Help subforum]

Try Shift-clicking on the note link...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, persistentone said:

On Windows, when I right-click a Note link, I get Edit, Copy, and Remove as the three options.   There is no option to open Note in a new Window (or tab).

After experimenting, I found that you can do a Shift + Left Mouse Click and that will open in new Window.

On my Windows Evernote installation, I can right-click on a link, and get options to Open and Open In New Window above the Edit, Copy, and Remove options. What version of the Windows program are you using? Perhaps that's the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

On my Windows Evernote installation, I can right-click on a link, and get options to Open and Open In New Window above the Edit, Copy, and Remove options. What version of the Windows program are you using? Perhaps that's the issue.

 

Now *that* is interesting.  I am using Windows 8.1 and the EverNote app version is 6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, persistentone said:

Now *that* is interesting.  I am using Windows 8.1 and the EverNote app version is 6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public.

Interesting indeed. I haven't upgraded to v. 6.4 yet. I hope they didn't upgrade this menu out of existence! At any rate, Shift+Click still works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Same issue. I can't open an existing note in a new window. I'm on windows 7, running Evernote 6.14.5.7671. This functionality broke for me prior to upgrading to this latest version. Not sure what version it was working on. When I right click on a note I don't get the option to open in a new window. Same results with shift + right or left mouse click.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...