Any Way To Force A Note Link to Popup New Window?

Is there any way to make the selection of a Note Link pop up a new window?   I build long Notes that contain many hot links to other Notes.  The problem is that this takes you into the new Note, and then you have lost your context in the Note you were previously in.  I don't see a "Back" button to restore the previous context.    I end up having to locate the Notebook, locate the Note, and then manually move the cursor down to where I started.  This reduces the value of having those Note links a lot.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, persistentone said:

I don't see a "Back" button to restore the previous context.

Which platform?  I have navigation buttons in Evernote with my Mac and iPad 58c74834c3be1_ScreenShot2017-03-13at6_31_27PM.png.e9f1884849e39adff5f917ef1cb5c241.png

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Which platform?  I have navigation buttons in Evernote with my Mac and iPad 

I am on Windows.   A navigation button will force a new window to popup?   What is the UI behavior?

How do you create navigation buttons?

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, persistentone said:

A navigation button will force a new window to popup?   What is the UI behavior?

How do you create navigation buttons?

You'll have to wait for a response from a Windows user

On the Mac, I can right click on a link and chose new window/tab, 58c74beaef851_ScreenShot2017-03-13at6_46_10PM.png.4626cd79c402d885a4e50a9a5cd582ff.png
and the existing note remains visible
Clicking on the link opens the note in the main window with the navigation buttons available

13 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You'll have to wait for a response from a Windows user

On the Mac, I can right click on a link and chose new window/tab, 58c74beaef851_ScreenShot2017-03-13at6_46_10PM.png.4626cd79c402d885a4e50a9a5cd582ff.png
and the existing note remains visible
Clicking on the link opens the note in the main window with the navigation buttons available

On Windows, when I right-click a Note link, I get Edit, Copy, and Remove as the three options.   There is no option to open Note in a new Window (or tab).

After experimenting, I found that you can do a Shift + Left Mouse Click and that will open in new Window.

• Level 5
15 hours ago, persistentone said:

On Windows, when I right-click a Note link, I get Edit, Copy, and Remove as the three options.   There is no option to open Note in a new Window (or tab).

After experimenting, I found that you can do a Shift + Left Mouse Click and that will open in new Window.

On my Windows Evernote installation, I can right-click on a link, and get options to Open and Open In New Window above the Edit, Copy, and Remove options. What version of the Windows program are you using? Perhaps that's the issue.

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

On my Windows Evernote installation, I can right-click on a link, and get options to Open and Open In New Window above the Edit, Copy, and Remove options. What version of the Windows program are you using? Perhaps that's the issue.

Now *that* is interesting.  I am using Windows 8.1 and the EverNote app version is 6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, persistentone said:

Now *that* is interesting.  I am using Windows 8.1 and the EverNote app version is 6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public.

Interesting indeed. I haven't upgraded to v. 6.4 yet. I hope they didn't upgrade this menu out of existence! At any rate, Shift+Click still works.

• 1 year later...

Same issue. I can't open an existing note in a new window. I'm on windows 7, running Evernote 6.14.5.7671. This functionality broke for me prior to upgrading to this latest version. Not sure what version it was working on. When I right click on a note I don't get the option to open in a new window. Same results with shift + right or left mouse click.

Archived