Hi - I have captured several notes with images (photos) and one note in particular shows only the last 3 images. All the others just show an image placeholder/icon.

How do I recover these pictures?

Any help on recovering these pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

No nothing special - all from the camera - in fact, the last 3 images are visible but the 10 or so previous images are missing.

I used the app to record pictures and notes as I walked around a site. The notes are still there but not the images except for the last 3.

This is a bit of a problem because I am unable to re-take these photos.

It makes me a bit worried about using Evernote for this kind of work in the future. 

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-11 at 3:18 AM, johnvn said:

How do I recover these pictures?

Assuming the images made it into a note and were sync'd, are you able to recover the images from backups?   If not personal  backups, Evernote has a Note History backup feature that I make  use of

Note: This is a paid feature, but you can subscribe for a single month

>>It makes me a bit worried about using Evernote for this kind of work in the future

I trust Evernote to store my data; but I maintain data backups

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I trust Evernote to store my data; but I maintain data backups

An principle in favour for hundreds of years since IT pioneer Olly Cromwell* (allegedly) said "Keep your faith in God, but keep your powder dry."

(The IT business being in its infancy in the 1600's,  Oliver also was a military and political leader and later Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland, and Ireland.  He knew a bit about muskets too...)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. On an Android phone, Evernote's photos are available in the Gallery, with everything else. On my device, there is an Evernote album in Gallery, which has every pic I've ever taken in Evernote, including, it seems, photos I deleted and notes I deleted. Hopefully, you can find the photos there and reattach them to the notes. But it's still very troublesome that EN managed to lose them in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Good thought,  but if you check in settings,  I think you have an option (under Camera?) whether or not to save Evernote pics to the gallery,  so availability is not guaranteed...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
57 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Good thought,  but if you check in settings,  I think you have an option (under Camera?) whether or not to save Evernote pics to the gallery,  so availability is not guaranteed...

Exactly so--sorry I forgot that! So it will depend on whether @johnvn has that turned on or not. But now we see a good reason to turn it on. (And probably check every so often and delete unneeded photos to free up space.)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...