Can't install evernote from iTunes

Hi there, 

About a month ago I had to renew my evernote. I thought it was on automatic renewal through the iTunes store but I realized that I had bought it via the Evernote website. 

To avoid that again I made sure that I bought it on the iTunes store (premium version). However, when I went to install it, it said that I can't and that I have to until evernote and then redownload it. 

The problem is, there's nothing to uninstal. There's no app in the applications file and nothing comes up when I search. 

Also, Evernote won't recognize my subscription (even though I have the receipt) so none of my mobile devices are working because they just keep asking me to update my account. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, David C. Foster said:

The problem is, there's nothing to uninstal. There's no app in the applications file and nothing comes up when I search. 

You might want to install the app AppCleaner from the app store.
Possibly it could do the job of deleting Evernote from your Mac

Note - the app has nothing to do with the state of your account
Everyone gets the same software - including the free Bacic accounts

Also, there's two flavours of the software
- Apple App Store
- direct from the Evernote site (www.evernote.com/download)
Essentially they're the same.  Apple imposes some restrictions for the App Store

>>Evernote won't recognize my subscription (even though I have the receipt) so none of my mobile devices are working because they just keep asking me to update my account. 

Open a support ticket at Contact Evernote Support

• Level 5*

A nice lady called @amanda_h often pops up to deal with these sorts of thing (and that green flash will alert her to this one).

Because Evernote doesn't recognise your subscription you may have some problems raising a support ticket:  try Twitter (see top of this page) if you can.

I cannot instal Evernote snapscan on mac.  After downloading from website of Evernote, every time I try to install it shows "Unable to locate the installer package."  Would you let me know how to solve this? 

• Level 5*
On 14/03/2017 at 6:50 PM, Naoto said:

I cannot instal Evernote snapscan on mac.  After downloading from website of Evernote, every time I try to install it shows "Unable to locate the installer package."  Would you let me know how to solve this? 

Hi.  There's a Fujitsu manufactured ScanSnap scanner that also comes as an Evernote Edition ScanSnap Scanner.  I know the standard Fujitsu scanner has its own installation disks,  I'd imagine the Evernote Edition version does too.  As far as I know what you're downloading from Evernote is the standard note-taking app which has nothing directly to do with making the scanner work.  You're also posting your query in someone else's thread about their account renewal.

I'd suggest you check the instructions you had with the scanner - you should have some 'getting started' instructions that will help.  If that's not possible and you do have the Evernote Edition scanner,  you'll be able to raise a support ticket to get the company's help (this is a user-supported forum).  Try this link for support or tweet @EvernoteHelps.

If you need more help from us,  please start your own thread.

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-14 at 11:50 AM, Naoto said:

Can you identify the download site?

I downloaded and installed from https://evernote.com/scansnap/
The install completed; I don't even have the scanner so I can't test it

Archived