Is there a sync icon in the latest Evernote IOS App?

Morgata

Idea

In previous editions, I could see when the App was syncing with the Evernote servers, but in the latest IOS App, which is a pretty great version, this functionality seems to be missing.

Does the sync icon exist, and if not I want to suggest this as a feature? Thanks. 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Morgata said:

1. Each note has a sync indicator; an arrow in the upper right indicating sync is outstanding for the note
  2. The user screen has a "Sync Now"  that you can click on
  3. If you drag down on the notebook list, you can also see a spinning sync indicator

1. I do see that option, which is uself. However, this option is unavailable if navigating to the note through a shortcut

2. I don't see the original sync icon anywhere within the app. When you indicate "user screen," which screen are you referring to, please?

3. With the latest iteration for IOS, I primarily navigate from the Shortcuts screen. And there doesn't appear to be any way to edit a note, then see it's sync status upon closing. I see the spinning sync indicator if dragging down from the notebook list, but not from the shortcuts list.

For future development, I want to suggest a sync icon on the shortcuts screen. If there's a way to see the sync icon from the shortcuts screen, please let me know. :)

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Morgata said:

I don't see the original sync icon anywhere within the app. When you indicate "user screen," which screen are you referring to, please

Bottom icon in the sidebar.  The one that looks like the sillouhette of a user

When I click on the user screen, there's no sync icon that I see. If I scroll down, there is an option to "Sync Now." In previous versions the sync icon was at the top of the screen. It'd be nice if there was a sync icon at the top of the screen within shortcuts. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Morgata said:

When I click on the user screen, there's no sync icon that I see. If I scroll down, there is an option to "Sync Now." In previous versions the sync icon was at the top of the screen. It'd be nice if there was a sync icon at the top of the screen within shortcuts. 

The icon you press has Account under it.  Swipe down to see the Sync Now option.

IMG_0236.thumb.PNG.401ea763abb0d4f1e6c84019a1c1d4cd.PNG

Yes, I see that. Thanks. It's available, but requires more steps to access, versus previous versions where you could just click the spinning icon at the top of the screen. Hope they bring that feature back. 

Archived