Really this message is for evernote but since support chat does not seem to be working here we go:

First, I have been using Evernote Basic happily for years. This is the first time a serious error has occurred.

Second, this morning when I opened evernot on my mac to the plan for the class I was going to teach right there and then, no notes. Only an old version dating about three weeks back = three weeks of lesson plans lost including the one I was relying on for today.

Last night I tried to syncronize my phone with my computer (same mac) and no luck. But what was on the phone was exactly what I found this morning on my computer, so there seems to have been some sort of backward sync thing happening. Instead of updating the notes on my phone, sync-ing seems to have "downdated" the relevant note on my computer.

No fun - how can I get back the note containing the last three weeks of lesson plans? That is the question... Please help. Evernote support? Anyone?

If it is not possible to recovered the lost data, this is the last time I trust Evernote to keep my notes. Even though it has only happened this once the risk of it happening again is too great. Trust is broken.

Thanks!

Tina

• Level 5

Tina, welcome to the forums. My understanding is that you can upgrade your account to Premium for one month at a pretty low cost, and that will give you access to the note history from before you upgraded. Hopefully that will let you recover the lost plans. I'm a retired teacher and I can all too easily imagine your dismay this morning!

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-08 at 4:59 AM, tinajuulmoeller said:

If it is not possible to recovered the lost data, this is the last time I trust Evernote to keep my notes.

I trust Evernote to keep my notes, but I still maintain backups of my data
In addition, Evernotes have backups that can be accessed via Note History (paid account)

Regardless if the gremlins are in your fingers, your computer, the EN software, the EN servers
- I am able to recover from data lost

For access to Note History, you can subscribe to Note History for a single month
It takes seconds to recover your lost data, and you can explore the other features

Archived