Are Evernote and Scannable the same on iPad and iPhone

• Level 5*

My mother has an iPad and I'm trying to help her make better use of Evernote and also use Scannable. I'm doing this long distance, so mostly over the phone. I'm an Android user  and since the Android and iOS apps are fairly different, I'm thinking of buying an old iPhone so I can better walk her through how to perform various actions in EN and Scannable.

But this plan works best if EN and Scannable are identical on the iPad and iPhone in terms of functions and menu options, hence my question.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, tavor said:

this plan works best if EN and Scannable are identical on the iPad and iPhone in terms of functions and menu options, hence my question.

Yes, Scannable is the same on iPhones and iPad
I use them interchangeably - whatever I have in my hand

I like using this app
You're just taking a picture; not getting complicated with any Evernote stuff
In later processing, I clean up the note - title, tags etc

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, tavor said:

Is Evernote the same on both devices?

Yes, Evernote is the same on both iPad and iPhone (mostly)
- the app does scale because of the screen sizes

I prefer to use my iPad and only use my iPhone when I'm out and about
And for serious working, I use my Mac.  The mobile platforms have serious limitations

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, tavor said:

Is Evernote the same on both devices?

Back end is the same, but the clients aren't, 100 % anyway.  

They don't look  quite the same and anecdotally the iPad seems to hang more and is slower, IMO.  Also, I had a search that didn't work the same on both.  The iPhone matched my PC and the web, the iPad did not.  Fixed it by recreating the notes, but EN now has trouble ticket on the issue. Short view for me, some things are managed differently in the two devices.  May not effect the use case with your Mother.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

Back end is the same, but the clients aren't, 100 % anyway.  

They don't look  quite the same and anecdotally the iPad seems to hang more and is slower, IMO.  Also, I had a search that didn't work the same on both.  The iPhone matched my PC and the web, the iPad did not.  Fixed it by recreating the notes, but EN now has trouble ticket on the issue. Short view for me, some things are managed differently in the two devices.  May not effect the use case with your Mother.

Do you think they are similar enough that you could use EN on an iPhone to talk (over the phone) someone who is thoroughly non-tech savvy through the basics of using EN on an iPad?

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, tavor said:

Do you think they are similar enough that you could use EN on an iPhone to talk (over the phone) someone who is thoroughly non-tech savvy through the basics of using EN on an iPad?

Sure.  Some differences in layout based upon screen size, but once you select a function they are similar.  

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, tavor said:

Here are screen captures from each device

IMG_1596.thumb.PNG.b7409bdde8b06286a156b264a96b30e8.PNG  IMG_0112.thumb.PNG.8ee43cb6a28b35b65324c77145b5cf5d.PNG

IMG_1595.thumb.PNG.066dcbc9c074bbae57e332c3648b0144.PNG          IMG_0111.thumb.PNG.f2721f200a7c0d338d93a2392704b5b7.PNG

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 2017-07-22 at 오전 11시 35분, YellowLabForever said:

Is Scannable still needed if you have latest version of Evernote and Premium account ? 

I still use Scannable, it has a convert to pdf feature

Archived