Ever since ugrading from 5.x to 6.x, word wrap is broken on even basic notes

This is mainly an issue for all of the old notes I manually typed, and while "simplify formatting" does correct it, it destroys all of my text formatting (basic stuff, nothing fancy or web clipped sources). I have been through a few updates since then and it still remains.  I've seen others report similar issues under various scenarios, but haven't come across a working resolution for this.  Any other ideas?  I was late to update (as I like major updates to be broken in before making the plunge myself to avoid being bit by bugs.....), but I've been tolerating it for some time.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're looking for a way to process notes in bulk,  does exporting to ENEX and then restoring have any effect?  There are all sorts of drawbacks - loss of history, links (if you have them) and possible loss of original dates.  You could try with a single note and check whether correct formatting returns.  Alternatively you could look into renaming your current databases folder (with Evernote closed down via File > Exit) and then restarting - Evernote would rebuild the database from the server.

I've got some very old notes but haven't been aware of any formatting problems..  maybe I've just been lucky. 

Archived