I write notes in EN on my laptop in Avenir Next. Avenir Next is available on my iPad, and every now and then the notes will sync to the iOS version and retain the font. More frequently, however, my notes in iOS EN are reformatted into the system font (San Francisco). Since it appears impossible in Evernote iOS to change the font of a note (?), I was wondering if anyone knows a trick for ensuring that the font of a note in the Mac OS version is carried over to EN iOS.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure that there is a way to do this - any formatting on the note to change font would probably also affect the iPad.  What does the change impact?  Is this just a matter of a professional appearance,  or are lines breaking incorrectly / tables and columns being affected?

It’s just a matter of a professional appearance: I dislike reading or writing longer texts in San Francisco. If I write the note on the Mac and sync it, it arrives on the iPad but the font has been lost; if I then change the font on the Mac, change it back and sync again, this time the font is carried over. I guess I was just a bit surprised that EN iOS doesn’t get the font the first time, or allow me to select it on the iPad directly.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  A suggestion - because I have no idea how practical this is, or whether it will work:  How about converting the content with your preferred font to a PDF file? AFAIK That should be shown 'as is' on any platform regardless of installed or preferred fonts.  Only downside is that PDF files don't display inline on mobile platforms.  If that's a requirement,  JPG files (pictures) would do the job and show inline.

• 9 months later...

Archived