Is this product still alive?

derrickpsu

Just wondering if this product has any engineers assigned to it, or is it completely dead? It was a great app, but has become quite buggy lately.

The unfortunate thing is, it's the only way to use my expensive Evernote scanner (apart from installing the ScanSnap software of my laptop, but that software is even worse! Does anyone with a scanner have another workflow they use? I wish I could just use it on my Mac (or a working app), wirelessly, without the stupid software. ?

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, derrickpsu said:

Just wondering if this product has any engineers assigned to it, or is it completely dead?

I have no reason to believe the app is dead.  It's actively supported by Evernote, with the last update on 2016/11/15

You might try contacting Support for your issues Contact Evernote Support Twitter @evernotehelps

I don't have a wireless scanner, just connected to my Mac.  I send scans to an import folder

20 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I have no reason to believe the app is dead.  It's actively supported by Evernote, with the last update on 2016/11/15

11/15 is a long time for a large company to not have put out any updates. Also, the last tweet from @ENScannable was a year ago.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, mhowie said:

Any answer from Evernote as to the OP's question concerning the resource being applied (or not) toward this app?

Evernote rarely reply to individual tech queries other than to ask for a support request - and they don't often comment on what they may or may not be working on.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I do not want to invest in an expensive scanner only to find out they are phasing it out or no longer making the software. With Evernote, we have had reasons to doubt the future of some products. The link from the Evernote website for the Evernote Scanner (on Fujitsu's website) currently has an error.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Michael Potter said:

Thanks everyone for your comments. I do not want to invest in an expensive scanner only to find out they are phasing it out or no longer making the software.

@Michael Potter you may be in the wrong forum for scanner opinions.  This forum discusses the IOS Scannable app.

For me, the app replaces a scanner; I rarely use my scanner (cheap Epson all in one).  ymmv, especially if you have extensive scanning needs

Archived