sharable stacks

tgrieger

Idea

I would love to be able to share stacks. i want to be able yo use evernote as my recipe book at my restaurant and share with my cooks. I have created notebooks for every dish and have recipe and preparation notes stored on each dish but it is a pain to share each notebook with all employees. how can i make it more functional for me. please advise

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 3/4/2017 at 6:14 PM, tgrieger said:

I would love to be able to share stacks. i want to be able yo use evernote as my recipe book at my restaurant and share with my cooks. I have created notebooks for every dish and have recipe and preparation notes stored on each dish but it is a pain to share each notebook with all employees. how can i make it more functional for me. please advise

This has been brought up before. The issue is Stacks aren't anything really, just a visual way for you to group notebooks. So if you "shared a stack" it would really mean Evernote would have to recursively share all notebooks in that stack at the time you set it. Then if you move notebooks, it would need to share and unshare each notebook as it was moved out, moved in, created in, deleted in, the stack.

EN chimed in on this in the past and it is a pretty big deal, and really is, I think, because stacks don't really exist anywhere. It isn't like a folder and subfolder on your hard drive.

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-04 at 6:14 PM, tgrieger said:

You request has been posted but I'm wondering at the "notebooks for every dish"

I'm thinking a single Notebook for "Recipes" would be suficient.  You can classify the notes using tags and/or the note title.  I'm not a cook, but I can see a tag:Chicken, and a note title: Chicken Cacciatore

Archived