Upload size 100% greater than file size

Problem: I uploaded/synced less than 2 Mb of files this morning, but my account shows that I used 23 Mb of my upload allocation by doing so.

Basic configuration: EN Basic, using EN on Mac (EN 6.8 on MacOS 10.9.5) and iPad (EN current for iOS 8.3), notes added almost exclusively via the EN web clipper.

Explanation: In both Jan'17 and Feb'17, I hit my upload limit faster than I've experienced in the past. In Feb, I reached my limit mid-month, in spite of trying to upload pages that were mostly text (very few graphics). So, for the 2nd half of Feb, I created 10 notes on my iPad without attempting to sync (white arrow in small green triangle in upper right hand corner of note summary remained during 2nd half of Feb). My account reset a couple of days ago on Mar 1st. Today, Mar 4, I synced the 10 files: one was 1.8 Mb in size, the remaining 9 totaled 71 Kb (size checked by using the info button for each note). Yet, my account info shows that I have only 37 Mb of upload left. The 2 Mb of files took 23 Mb of my upload allowance (a 100% inflation in size!!

How can this be corrected?

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I believe I highlighted some text in a single post, one that was text heavy, graphics light, nowhere near big enough to account for the 20 Mb upload difference. I know I searched for contents of 2-3 posts during that time, none of which was edited.

RAP

• Level 5*

Well, don't know then.  You can contact EN via their Twitter account, at the top of this page.  Also, if you go go side or top list view and you can see the file size and created/updated dates.  Sort by created and updated dates.  This should give you an idea of the size of each note and the last time it was updated, not how many times however.  

• Level 5*

...and just to confirm - are you getting the upload information from the website after logging in here,  or are these just the 'Usage' figures from the app.  I seem to remember that - apart from the app only estimating the likely figure - any deleted notes in the Trash notebook are also included in the estimate in case they are recovered.  Empty your Trash notebook out if there's anything in there...

Archived