Evernote Training Videos?

I see that Evernote has a Youtube channel.   Unfortunately, the platform is suffering from its success and it is overwhelming how much content is there.   Can someone link for me the videos that would best demonstrate people really using the application for the most common use cases?   

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't believe there are any videos covering specific use cases.  There are plenty of quick single subject videos on how to attach files to notes,  set up reminders,  use the search syntax and other specific processes,  but none that I recall on generally using the database for a record collection / tax records / study planning etc.

In what seems to be the general experience in the Forums and elsewhere,  everyone has a different spin on what's the best way to do anything anyway - and my standard advice for anyone using the application for the first time is -

Don't worry about finding the 'best' way to do things with Evernote,  or trying to read up on tags vs folders.  If you have a job in mind for the app,  just go ahead and use it - alongside whatever other systems you're using now.  Going "paperless"?  Fine.  Scan everything and try to use the scanned notes rather than the paper - but keep that in a box somewhere for a while just in case.

When you run into problems,  work out how to fix them,  or come over here and ask questions - you'll get lots of conflicting advice!

Evernote do spend a lot of time encouraging users to apply their software on the blog,  which might be worth a read - try https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/10/16/the-power-of-evernote-table-of-contents-for-authors-planners-and-travelers/ - for an introduction.

If you have a specific use case in mind,  try mentioning that here - there are quite a few (hundred) thousand browsers of these pages.  It's quite likely someone already has some experience of different ways of achieving your shared aim...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I don't believe there are any videos covering specific use cases.  There are plenty of quick single subject videos on how to attach files to notes,  set up reminders,  use the search syntax and other specific processes,  but none that I recall on generally using the database for a record collection / tax records / study planning etc.

I am not trying to optimize specific solutions or find a "best way" to do anything.   Rather, I am trying to obtain a big picture about the kinds of real-world problems people are using this technology to solve.  There may be many things I can use Evernote to do for me, and these will not occur to me on my own.   

If I were Evernote I would come up with a solutions guide that lists the most common problems that people are using Evernote to solve.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, persistentone said:

Rather, I am trying to obtain a big picture about the kinds of real-world problems people are using this technology to solve.

Some people use Evernote rather narrowly, such as an archive of recipes. But it is capable of so much more. 

For me, the real-world problem EN solves is it saves me from having to remember things - to use the EN marketing phrase, it's my "external brain". 

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, persistentone said:

Rather, I am trying to obtain a big picture about the kinds of real-world problems people are using this technology to solve.  

1. Digital Filing Cabinet - I have thousands of documents with more added every day.  I need to be able to retrieve documents when I need them
  2. Project/Task Management - I can produce my current task list at any time.  Projects/Tasks are identified and stored
1 hour ago, DTLow said:
  1. Digital Filing Cabinet - I have thousands of documents with more added every day.  I need to be able to retrieve documents when I need them
  2. Project/Task Management - I can produce my current task list at any time.  Projects/Tasks are identified and stored

Are there any training videos specific to methods that can be used for project/task management?   It seems like a very open-ended and unstructured tool, so there would be many possible ways to use it for this purpose.

This product reminds me in many ways of Lotus Notes.   It's a full-text indexing engine, in this case built around an Internet cloud back-end.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, persistentone said:

Are there any training videos specific to methods that can be used for project/task management?   It seems like a very open-ended and unstructured tool,

Absolutely - Evernote is an open-ended and unstructured tool
I use scripting on my Mac to lock down my notes; titles, tags, reminders etc

There is a web site (The Secret Weapon) that presents a task management process using tags and notebooks. It has videos.  
Its not my choice of process, but it's a good example of a real world use

My task process uses due dates (reminder).

On a sidenote, Evernote has an extensive Search feature
This is documented at   Evernote Search Grammar
An example of it's use is the saved search I use for my Current Task List
      reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*

• Level 5*

With some ingenuity Evernote can be used for literally anything - sometimes with a variable interpretation on the value of 'use'.  I've seen it compared to Lego - build anything you can imagine.  Best way to appreciate the possibilities is to start using it for something.  As you get more familiar with the way things work,  you'll see more and more applications. 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, persistentone said:

Are there any training videos specific to methods that can be used for project/task management?   It seems like a very open-ended and unstructured tool, so there would be many possible ways to use it for this purpose.

There aren't any Evernote company videos on this AFAIK, but there are lots of user videos.

The Productivity subforum has many threads discussing this: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/279-productivity/

The thread I found most useful in terms of picking up ideas on how to use EN for task mgmt is this one: 

Archived