PDF's and other attachments being lost periodically

Hello all

I am an evernote premium user. I have noticed that very often when i am dropping a pdf, doc, jpeg etc attachment to a note, that attachment might not stay there. Very often i will let it sync, will close the computer and when i re-logon the attachment will not be there and there will be empty space. This is something that happens to all my computers so it is definitely not my computer's issue. That issue does not happen when i am using the web version, but web version is not helpful to me.

Looks like an annoying bug that often puts me in a situation where i have to spend time to restart evernote and double check. Nobody has time for that. 

I am expecting a solution from evernote and a response from an evernote employee as well. Especially now that evernote got more expensive. 

Thanks

George

• Level 5*

Hi.  Please note:  we're not Evernote as such here,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum;  if you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

If it was the general experience that Evernote lost attachments I think you'd see many more complaints about it here.  I use Evernote and don't have the same problem,  so it's not a generic bug and without much more information Evernote won't be able to suggest a possible fix.  I do suggest you contact support so they can look into this situation for you.

• 5 weeks later...

We have EXACTLY the same problem with spreadsheets.  I have worked with support to no avail.  We can often find the file in the attachements folder where the database is stored.  We also have spreadsheets that change to an earlier version all on their own.

Good luck!

Rick

• Level 5*

Hi.  What OS and Evernote version are you guys using?  I realise (or at least I assume) that Evernote's recent integration with Google Drive doesn't stretch to Business accounts yet,  but there's nothing stopping you posting links to files rather than the files themselves,  and having a backup copy of files in another folder just in case...

Archived