Jump to content
Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
fred2112

ultra easy notetaking?

Recommended Posts

I currently use scanbot to phot scened and documents and send then to evernote however I'd like to do more and better.

I'd like to take a photo, rotate.crop.decolour,documentize etc like a note scan app would  but then I'd like to add a txt note and also a voice mp3 note if necessary and bundlethem all up and post into evernote. The tags can be in the txt note as long as EN can read them. So basically my EN note would contain a pdf, mp3 and txt all in one note.

Has anyone done anything like this (i'm sure someone has) and what is the best way to do it?I need it to be fast and easy steps. No good if I have to use multiple apps and go into the OS or gallery to combine files.

btw I prefer android rather than IOS. thnx

btw2.... I used to use the EN widget but it broke and doesn't seem to be workable now on my S3. Also it wasn't great when it did work maybe because EN was slow on the S3 I dont know. What I really want is for a good standalone solution which will send the end product to EN rather than use EN on the phone.

Edited by fred2112

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, fred2112 said:

So basically my EN note would contain a pdf, mp3 and txt all in one note.

This is what I use Evernote for
For me the note is a collection of attachments.
I use the note to bring all these attachments together
- also to link/group data 

>>I prefer android rather than IOS.

Sorry about this, but I feel you're very limited if you're confimed to the IOS/Android platforms
For the most features, you want to use a Mac/Windows device

Share this post


Link to post

Hi.  While it is possible to do everything you describe with Evernote,  it's not possible to do it all "...and then post to Evernote".

I'd use the widget to start a new camera note,  save the processed picture (Evernote optimises the pic for OCR) into a note,  then edit the note to add my text comments,  and any recorded items.  Do the above in any order,  and the resulting note will contain your PDF, sound file and text as requested.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This is what I use Evernote for
For me the note is a collection of attachments.
I use the note to bring all these attachments together
- also to link/group data 

>>I prefer android rather than IOS.

Sorry about this, but I feel you're very limited if you're confimed to the IOS/Android platforms
For the most features, you want to use a Mac/Windows device

My preference is Windows  I have apple in house but dont like it so don't use it. Are you suggesting that windows mobile will do a better job? I forgot to mention that it must be mobile.  How do you do this without multiple apps etc. and if multiple apps how to you get it all merged before sending to EN?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  While it is possible to do everything you describe with Evernote,  it's not possible to do it all "...and then post to Evernote".

I'd use the widget to start a new camera note,  save the processed picture (Evernote optimises the pic for OCR) into a note,  then edit the note to add my text comments,  and any recorded items.  Do the above in any order,  and the resulting note will contain your PDF, sound file and text as requested.

Yes that's an obvious solution by using EN to bring it all togeter - thanks. But I struggle with EN not running properly and hanging. I cant trust it to be there when I want it.  Scanbot is working really well on the scan and send principle but not for adding notes and dictation.  I want it to be real quick to . unobtrusive in use.  Thinking about it maybe I can find a audio and text note taking app which will auto send to EN and then combine them on the PC when I get home.   Its just that i'm not organised and often dont do stuff like that so it'll all end up with 100s notes uncombined.   I'm a real EN lover but you still have to be organised to use it well. I'm not organised at all and so the panacea of dropping stuff in a box and being able to retrieve it later still evades me.

cheers

Fred

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, fred2112 said:

Are you suggesting that windows mobile will do a better job?

Evernote has a Windows Mobile version?
I meant the desktop platforms are the most feature rich platforms

>>How do you do this without multiple apps

I use whatever app is the better tool for the job
- word processing apps, camera apps, spreadsheet apps, note taking apps, audio apps ....

>>how to you get it all merged before sending to EN?
I use my Mac with the Mac platform
As it turns out, I have a Mac Mini but it could be a notebook (more mobile)

>>I'm not organised at all and so the panacea of dropping stuff in a box and being able to retrieve it later still evades me.

Organization is the reason I use Evernote
With it's notebook/tag/search features, this is the best tool I've found for storing my data

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DTLow said:

Evernote has a Windows Mobile version?
I meant the desktop platforms are the most feature rich platforms

>>How do you do this without multiple apps

I use whatever app is the better tool for the job
- word processing apps, camera apps, spreadsheet apps, note taking apps, audio apps ....

>>how to you get it all merged before sending to EN?
I use my Mac with the Mac platform
As it turns out, I have a Mac Mini but it could be a laptop (more mobile)

 

thanks. Yeh I get it.   I have a campervan so its great when I can sit in it with my lappy. However out and about especially when in a busy shopping mall or at dinner or at a wedding etc anything bigger than a phone doesn't quite work for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, fred2112 said:

However out and about especially when in a busy shopping mall or at dinner or at a wedding etc anything bigger than a phone doesn't quite work for me.

Likewise, I'm a iPhone/iPad user - for viewing or capturing data
My heavy-lifting is done later on my Mac when I process the notes in my @Inbox notebook

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DTLow said:

Likewise, I'm a iPhone/iPad user - for viewing or capturing data
My heavy-lifting is done later on my Mac when I process the notes in my @Inbox notebook

I think this will be the best option.  Lets see how long I can keep it up ;-)  thnx

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...