No title (about titles)

Adding a new Note, starting with a title, Evernote copies 'no title' in the title bar and skips the first character I'm typing. I get this (Dutch): 

(geen titel)irst

where I was typing First. See image.

Is this a bug? It is really strange. Why add 'no title' btw? What's wrong with an empty bar?

Schermafbeelding 2017-02-28 om 14.14.32.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  That's not my experience.  I get "Note Title" as a prompt if I don't type anything,  then when the note is saved it comes up with 'Untitled Note.  If I type a title though,  I get the whole thing without issues.

I'd suggest restarting your phone,  and (maybe) syncing and uninstall / reinstalling the app to try to fix that...

Hi Gazumped, I'm working on a Macbook, and I'm not fond of reinstalling if not really necessary.

Glad you don't have the issue, but I do. Prompt is on the title bar, initial typing does not prevent `(geen titel)` to show up as a part of the new title ...

Evernote 6.10 iOS 10.11.6 

• Level 5*

OK another not-helpful comment:  Evernote Windows Options (which is what I use - same as Mac Prefs) has some options for note naming:  do any of those help?  If not,  a reinstall is the best option I have to offer...

On 28-2-2017 at 2:15 PM, Maaspr said:

Adding a new Note, starting with a title, Evernote copies 'no title' in the title bar and skips the first character I'm typing. I get this (Dutch): 

(geen titel)irst

where I was typing First. See image.

Is this a bug? It is really strange. Why add 'no title' btw? What's wrong with an empty bar?

Schermafbeelding 2017-02-28 om 14.14.32.png

I have the same problem on my iMac and my MacBook. Not on my iPhone.

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-05 om 19.58.19.png

Hi all, and Geert in particular.

The issue has been solved fast by the Evernote (thank you!).

It's part of the next version of Evernote (and the newest beta right now: Evernote 6.11 Beta 2).

Quote:

"the issue you are experiencing should be resolved in the latest beta version of the app.

To install the Evernote for Mac beta, follow these steps:

1. Go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to 'Update to beta versions when available'
  2. Go to Help > Check for Updates and install the latest beta

Should you no longer want to continue on the beta track after updating, go back and uncheck the box next to 'Update to beta versions when available'.

If you're currently on the Mac App Store build of Evernote, you must reinstall the direct download version in order to switch to the beta track. To determine which build of Evernote you're using, navigate to Evernote > About Evernote. If you're running the direct download, you'll see Direct in parentheses next to the version number. If you're running the Mac App Store version, you'll see App Store in parentheses.

If you would prefer not to use a beta version, the title issue should also be fixed in the next update to the Mac desktop app. I don't have a firm timeline for when the next update will be released but I do expect it to be within the next month.

Archived