"Related Results" on google useless because of too many unrelated results

Mike the human

Idea

I have long since stopped looking at the related results evernote adds to my google web results, because most of the time, they're just noise. They have nothing at all to do with what I'm searching for.

I save useful information to Evernote, in the hopes that when I do a google search for that topic, it'll come up and I will see it remember I've already saved something relevant and don't need to search the web for it. But that box is just white noise, useless. At this point, if it ever did bring up a relevant note, I wouldn't notice, because I've been trained to completely ignore it since the results it shows are almost never even remotely relevant.

If there's no relevant results, it shouldn't show anything. This way, when there are relevant results, I'll notice. As it is, this feature is 100% useless, because when you generate that much consistent noise, nobody will ever notice the very occasional useless information buried within it every once in a great while.

Look at this screen cap below. By add info on Comedy, Lorde, and information architecture to my marketing consultant search, all you've done is camouflage any useful information that might come up next time by making me acclimated to seeing useless garbage there. It's a shame, it's a total waste of what would have been a good feature if there was a way to distinguish useful results from noise.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 7.59.00 PM.png

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived