Updated app, lost all my old notes

My old Mac quit on me, so I had to buy a new one. When I installed Evernote on the new device, it wouldn't sync my old notes. So essentially I was on the same account, but had none of my old notes on my new Mac. But I still had all of them on my iPad, so I wasn't worried about it. I just started using my computer as if it was a new account. However, my iPad recently updated to the newest version of Evernote, and I lost all my old notes (not sure how many, but I would guess in the thousands). Is there any way to recover them?

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, dinyull said:

When I installed Evernote on the new device, it wouldn't sync my old notes.....my iPad recently updated to the newest version of Evernote, and I lost all my old notes

You should be able to retrieve your notes from the evernote servers
You can check your notes using the web platform (www.evernote.com)
Make sure you use the correct userid and password

I've updated to many devices and never lost connection to my notes

The notes exist in your account.  
The master version is stored on the Evernote servers 
The sync process keeps a copy of the notes on your Mac

@dinyull - I am experiencing the same problem. I upgraded the mac client to 6.10 and afterwards I only see two notes (both created yesterday). My notes still exist. I can access them through the web client and on my phone. Guessing this must be a buggy client. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, dangoverts said:

My notes still exist.  I can access them through the web client and on my phone. Guessing this must be a buggy client. 

I'm not ware of this bug existing with the software

Assuming you're using the correct userid, You might not be syncing your data,  There are sync Settings in Preferences, and you can trigger a manual sync by clicking on the sync icon

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, OverTeen said:

Same problem.  Just updated to beta version.  I see only 6 notes.  

The first thing I'd do is use the web platform (www.evernote.com) to access the master version of your notes
Verify your notes are there

Are you running the sync process?

Hi y'all,

As @DTLow mentioned, the first thing to do is verify the notes appear in your account at evernote.com.

If so, you can use the following process to force the Evernote app to sync your data back down from the servers:

1. Open Evernote for Mac

2. Hold the **Shift** and **Option** keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel (next to your username)

3. Depending on the number of notes in your account, the amount of time it can take for the force sync to finish will vary. 

Let me know how this goes!

• 1 month later...

@BSR Thank you so much!! It worked!! I was in a little bit of a panic attack late last night as I downloaded Evernote on my new Mac and only 2 of my notes appeared. I had tried everything to reinstalling, looking in trash, checking other devices and Evernote.com which thankful had all my notes, but I just had no idea how to get them back.  I had tried reporting a ticket, but got no response obviously and as a free member could not send another one.  Finally found this though and did what you said and it immediately downloaded all my notes that were previously missing! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Archived