Generic complaints before I give up on EN

suobs

• Why does the little logo app that appears when I share a web page from a browser to EverNote often only send a link to EN, NOT a copy of the page?  And there seems to be no way to control this. Also, the link is often wrong and doesn't work in EverNote.
  • Attaching a file typically does not work in the online version. Try again and again and the attachment does not appear.
  • Why isn't there a basic list note available that opens with checkboxes and pulls standard items from a defined list (like grocery items)?
  • There doesn't seem to be any effort to make the various versions (online, Windows, and mobile) consistent in appearance, locations of commands, etc etc.

I am wondering if you actually read this post.  NONE of this post overlaps with my other recent post. The only thing they have in common is the member who posted them, me.

All of the questions in this post are about specific technical glitches. The other was about organization and hierarchy.

• Level 5*

Did read it,  didn't answer because I didn't want to have a detailed conversation in two places - and then find out you went to OneNote already...

However:

• Why does the little logo app that appears when I share a web page from a browser to EverNote often only send a link to EN, NOT a copy of the page?  And there seems to be no way to control this. Also, the link is often wrong and doesn't work in EverNote.
    Is this the browser clipper in IE, Chrome or Firefox? You should have a menu offering you various sorts of clip including a bookmark. Can't comment on a 'wrong' link without knowing how it's wrong.
  • Attaching a file typically does not work in the online version. Try again and again and the attachment does not appear.
    Attaching a file is a standard operation that shouldn't be a problem - where are you pulling the attachments from? Local hard drve?
  • Why isn't there a basic list note available that opens with checkboxes and pulls standard items from a defined list (like grocery items)?
    That's not available in Evernote,  but there's no reason why you couldn't set up a template note to your requirements and copy that.  Notes don't 'pull' in other data though.
  • There doesn't seem to be any effort to make the various versions (online, Windows, and mobile) consistent in appearance, locations of commands, etc etc.
    Any such effort is kinda hampered by the wildly different operating systems,  screens sizes,  presence or lack of keyboards and storage capacity of the millions of devices runing Evernote.

As you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly if you encounter problems - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

There's a lot of standard help information here too.. Evernote Help & Learning

11 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Did read it,  didn't answer because I didn't want to have a detailed conversation in two places - and then find out you went to OneNote already...

No haven't yet gone to ON.

However:

Is this the browser clipper in IE, Chrome or Firefox? You should have a menu offering you various sorts of clip including a bookmark. Can't comment on a 'wrong' link without knowing how it's wrong.Frankly I don't know. It's in Chrome, came from Google Play, and has the official EN logo.
    Attaching a file is a standard operation that shouldn't be a problem - where are you pulling the attachments from? Local hard drve? Yes.
    That's not available in Evernote,  but there's no reason why you couldn't set up a template note to your requirements and copy that.  Notes don't 'pull' in other data though. I guess it's a suggestion then. There are lots of independent apps that do this, seems like a no-brainer.
    Any such effort is kinda hampered by the wildly different operating systems,  screens sizes,  presence or lack of keyboards and storage capacity of the millions of devices runing Evernote.  

As you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly if you encounter problems - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  Same questions were submitted to EN at the same time.

There's a lot of standard help information here too.. Evernote Help & Learning

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'd check which clipper you wound up with.  The official Evernote (desktop) version is here - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote-web-clipper/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc?hl=en-US

How do you attach a file - drag and drop it onto the note body,  or use the paperclip?  One of these should work - How to attach a file in a note

• Level 5*
On 26/02/2017 at 5:21 PM, suobs said:

But the clipper is on an Android phone, didn't I mention?

Hmmn.  In that case,  tap the green icon while the clip is in progress and choose 'note' rather than 'bookmark'...?

• Level 5
On 2/26/2017 at 11:58 AM, suobs said:

Why isn't there a basic list note available that opens with checkboxes and pulls standard items from a defined list (like grocery items)?
That's not available in Evernote,  but there's no reason why you couldn't set up a template note to your requirements and copy that.  Notes don't 'pull' in other data though. I guess it's a suggestion then. There are lots of independent apps that do this, seems like a no-brainer.

Just WRT this specific point: Those independent apps often do this and nothing else. They're not designed to be general note-taking programs, which Evernote is. Believe me, nothing involved with programming is a no-brainer, particularly not getting two programs or databases to interact so that one can pull information from the other.

Archived