win10, EN installation error

hi

I tried many time (desinstalation, reboot), always ennding the same with an 0x80073cf9 error.

Other apps installation is fine

I use a Dell Pro Venue 8 with an recent win10 instalation (not an 8 to 10 update).

I'm about to give up... any clue is welcome.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  That's a new one on me.  I see your device is a tablet running Win 10.  I Googled the error code and got 35,000+ hits,  mainly to do with Windows Store products - I assume that's where you're installing from?  Don't know if you'd have any better luck trying Evernote.com for the download - AFAIK there's no difference in the core features.  Sadly it's not hugely touch-friendly either,  but that may depend on your usage.  The older Touch version is no longer supported.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/223607067-Discontinued-support-for-Evernote-Touch-on-Windows

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Eric.M said:

hi

I tried many time (desinstalation, reboot), always ennding the same with an 0x80073cf9 error.

Other apps installation is fine

I use a Dell Pro Venue 8 with an recent win10 instalation (not an 8 to 10 update).

I'm about to give up... any clue is welcome.

Thanks

Have you tried to uninstall with Revo uninstaller? It does a better cleanup than EN's uninstall routine. Then you may be able to install ok. 

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys

I downloaded it from EN webpage and it worked.

i wonder why it did not worked when I tried before ( not able to download), but i don't really remember what i did and have to move on anyway.

again, thanks, just hope i ll be able to handwrite notes as expected

Archived