Syncing and 60MB Limit in Basic

I'm totally new to Evernote and really confused about hitting the 60MB/month maximum upload. I'm only using Evernote on my MacBook and therefore don't care about syncing for now. I've read enough of the forums to understand the distinction between upload limit and data limit and that once I go over the upload limit I can't sync anymore.

What I'm confused about is that I read about making non-synched Notebooks to prevent hitting my limit but I'm not sure even how to do this. When I make a new Notebook, I don't see an option to make it non-synched.

Also, i've only made about 12 notebooks with a total of 20 notes consisting of minimal text and a couple of pictures and I'm already at 83% of my 60MB limit, which seems strange. 

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, MTR said:

What I'm confused about is that I read about making non-synched Notebooks to prevent hitting my limit but I'm not sure even how to do this. When I make a new Notebook, I don't see an option to make it non-synched.

58b0577eb0dab_ScreenShot2017-02-24at7_55_12AM.png.e1652c78ec76f05e999d58133c127e00.pngFile > New Local Notebook

In the latest version, hold down the option key when clicking File

Archived