Stylus recommendation?

• Level 5*

Working my way toward paperless and I'm at the point where I'd like to experiment with using my phone for quick handwritten notes while I'm not near a computer instead of defaulting to pen + paper. Looking for recommendations for a budget stylus - this is an experiment for me, so I'm not looking to plunk down $50-$100 on a tool I may not use for more than a few weeks. Preferably something $20 or less.

Also, are used styluses a fairly reliable option? Are styluses generally durable such that a used stylus should be fine, or are they fragile and short-lived?

I imagine I'd mostly be using Evernote Android's built-in Handwriting feature, though if there are apps that will provide a better experience while also integrating well with EN, I'm all ears.

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, tavor said:

Also, are used styluses a fairly reliable option? Are styluses generally durable such that a used stylus should be fine, or are they fragile and short-lived?

I prefer using a stylus

The tips wear.  I use an older capacitive Wacom Bamboo stylus with replaceable tips.

I find the capacitive tips bulky, but a fine tip stylus is costly.  

My favourite is the Apple Pencil with my iPad 

• Level 5
On 2/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, DTLow said:

The tips wear.  I use an older capacitive Wacom Bamboo stylus with replaceable tips.

+1 on the Wacom Bamboo. Great little tool. Of course, now I've got a phone that uses Samsung's S-Pen, a whole other universe....

Archived