Evernote for iPad

kkarin

Idea

I would very much like to see my tags without having to press the i on the iPad app.  I often send articles and recipes from Flipboard and find the process of adding tags from the Flipboard app very cumbersome.  I prefer to do it within the Evernote app itself, but I have to go through several steps to even see if that notes have tags.  I'm also finding it more difficult to do searches of tags than with previous versions. I hope future versions will improve tag visual access and searches.

9 replies to this idea

1 minute ago, jmshrrsn said:

Agreed. Tags for me are the backbone of how I operate Evernote. I'm currently trying to access them on the iPad app and can't find them.

Please make them easier to access.

OK found them... little luggage label icon near the search box in the particular notebook I'm currently looking at.  The icon should be located in the grey tool bar along with the Notes, Search, Add Note, Starred and Account icons.

Just now, jmshrrsn said:

OK found them... little luggage label icon near the search box in the particular notebook I'm currently looking at.  The icon should be located in the grey tool bar along with the Notes, Search, Add Note, Starred and Account icons.

Arrrgghhhh. Now I find that the tags list only refers to those tags relating to that particular Notebook. That's silly.

I didn't realize the tags list was tied to the notebook. That makes it even worse. I agree. I would like tags in the sidebar for easy access. It seems so odd to hide them on the search bar when they are so central to the use of Evernote. I really don't understand it. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, kkarin said:

I didn't realize the tags list was tied to the notebook.

You're using the tag filter feature;
- you can apply the filter to All-Notes/Reminders/<notebook>
If you want the entire tag list of used tags, click on the tag icon for All-Notes

If you want to work with the tag list, click on the User Icon, then Settings > Manage Tags

Finally, if you want to use tags at the note level, click on the (i)nfo icon.  You can select from the entire tag list

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jmshrrsn said:

Arrrgghhhh. Now I find that the tags list only refers to those tags relating to that particular Notebook. That's silly

Agree, I would dearly like to see tags back on the home screen. the V7 home screen.  

Not sure it is silly to show a subset of tags for a search if your context is one notebook.  The others aren't going to be found on search anyway.   ;)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, kkarin said:

I would like tags in the sidebar for easy access. It seems so odd to hide them on the search bar when they are so central to the use of Evernote. I really don't understand it. 

2 hours ago, csihilling said:

Agree, I would dearly like to see tags back on the home screen. the V7 home screen.  

I'm more of a tag user than notebooks, but I can work with the new UI

I don't do tag management on my iPad, so it's not a hardship that it's buried in User > Settings. 

My request would be to add Add/Edit functions to Tag Management;  currently it only allows Delete and Shortcuts.

And I added my vote to this request; I want to see my note tags without having to click on the (I)nfo button

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm more of a tag user than notebooks, but I can work with the new UI

The thing I liked about the old UI was that you could have recently used tags visible on the home screen, plus you could quickly access all tags, one press was all it took.  Not the case with v8.  I'm hard pressed to see how a productivity app adds presses to the workflow.  (Pun intended).  ;)

IMO, the IOS platforms (any app) are designed for access and can work great in that context.  They are lousy platforms for entering anything of substance, relative to the alternatives.

Archived