Updated Outlook and now the Clipper isn't working

Yesterday my work computer running Windows 7 Enterprise was updated to Office 2016 Professional. The Evernote clipper is showing up as an add-on and set to load on start up but the button to actually use is is missing from the ribbon. I've opened Evernote Desktop first and tried rebooting without success. I use this feature frequently to save important information from my emails. Can anyone help?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried closing down Office and reopening it?  Is it possible for you to uninstall and reinstall Evernote?  I've not experienced an upgrade from one Outlook version to another,  so I don't know if the Evernote link is transferable between versions.  You might check whether it's possible to right-click an email title and still copy that email to Evernote on the pop-up menu as an interim measure.  If all else fails and absent any other suggestions from the floor here I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

58aefe40d64cc_ScreenClip3.png.b6a164d72d31b89ef5ea09048d54d080.png

• Level 5*

Close outlook and reinstall Evernote. That will force EN to reinstall the Outlook clipper and fix the settings. I use the EN clipper in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 all of the time, so I know it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem after having to rebuild my Win7 system and reinstall everything. The Clipper for Outlook (Office 2010) which used to be there is no longer. I tried following all the instructions on the Evernote site for the 2010 Outlook version (uninstalled EN, rebooted, reinstalled as Admin) but no luck. The Instructions further suggested going into the Outlook options and making sure that two Add-Ins are active: (1) Evernote Outlook Contact Connector (that is there and is active) and (2) Evernote.Outlook (which doesn't exist on my system, even on the Inactive or Disabled lists). Reinstalling Evernote didn't seem to install it into Outlook (or I don't know where else to look for it). 

I also tried to troubleshoot by using the Support page and after trying several options settled on Technical Issue > Other > Report an issue with an integration which told me to

Please submit a ticket and provide as much information as possible so we can diagnose the problem. For example:

• Steps to reproduce
  • Screen recording or screenshots
  • Device & operating system
  • Activity log

but did not say, or provide a link to, how to "submit a ticket"

I am at a total loss and don't know what to do next. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried the Twitter route?  (See top of this page)

And - if you right click an email title in the middle column,  do you get a 'save to Evernote option?  That's sometimes there even if the logo isn't.

Ok, I tried clicking the email title in the middle column (assumed right clicking) and do not get the save option. 

Don't know what the Twitter option is but I am not a Twitter user. 

Can you tell me how to   "submit a ticket" ? (which I assume is a problem report to Evernote).

Thank you. 

Thanks, gazumped. I used the link you provided and that took me right back to the page I accessed to begin this whole process. That's what my question about "submit a ticket" was about since there are several answers you get from trying different categories of problem that get you to advice that says "submit a ticket" (it even says what to include) but doesn't say how or where to submit it.

I am a paying customer (but not premium - I'm just an individual paying for, and using, their product but beginning to wonder if I need to move elsewhere since I don't seem to be able to get my concern into the Evernote company). Even if I found out it doesn't work because I'm not using the right level of Outlook or Windows, at least that would be an answer. Its a shame since the product does what I want - it is just that I can't just clip an email message into it like I used to do. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Well,  if you're a paying user you should be able to submit a ticket.  If that route is closed to you for whatever reason,  then Twitter is currently the only other option.  If you set up an account - it requires an email address and a password - you can send a message from this page

Once you have a response by twitter or email,  you can always delete your twitter account again.

Hi. Can anyone point me to a working link/place where I can submit a support request ? I am in the same position as grandpace : same problem with Outlook clipper not working any more (reinstalled both Evernote and Office).. and no way to submit a request, although being a premium user. 

• 3 years later...

I was having same issue. EN add in would not work at all. Tried reinstall etc. 
Then I tried this and it's working now:

Went to option in outlook365 under add=ins, Manage COM add-ins, drop down list, selected disabled items and found the EN add in there, some issue loading outlook so it was place there. Got it out and now, working purrrfectly

• Like 1