Local notebooks are being synced from Mac laptop to Android phone

Hi,

I am on Basic, and use Evernote mostly with local notebooks (hosted on my Mac laptop) with a smaller number of notebooks on a non-local folder, which I want synced to my Android phone.

I started getting notifications earlier this week that my monthly usage has been used up, which I did not understand, since I had not been using my "online" folder for creating new notebooks. Then I noticed that hundreds of my notes from my local notebooks have been transferred to my phone. My Evernote on my Mac laptop claims these notes all live in "local notebooks", however they have been transferred on my Android phone. I have no idea how this got activated (I certainly did not choose it), and it is not clear to me how to stop it. Any hints?

Using Evernote 6.11 Beta 2 on macOS Sierra 10.12.4 Beta, and Evernote 7.9.8.2 on Android 6.0.1.

With many thanks,

--Christos

So, I followed your advice (ie. backed up my Evenote notebooks as enex files in order to be able to downgrade to the stable 10 release, removed the 11 beta 2 version, and installed the stable 10). I start Evernote and enter my credentials, and notice that Evernote starts downloading my ~1,000 notes that used to live in *LOCAL*  notebooks from the cloud (transferred there by the beta because of the bug).

I thought that I should let it finish and then move the notes to newly created local notebooks with Evernote 10. Except that it has now used up my (free) 60 MB monthly usage and only a fraction of the notebooks has been transferred. And I can't do anything for another 24 days, I am told.

What a mess.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Christos said:

Except that it has now used up my (free) 60 MB monthly usage

That limit is related to uploading data

Your database download should not have been affected by this

Ah, thanks much DTLow. So, I assume that version 11 beta 2 uploaded whatever it managed to upload before I used up my monthly usage, and now I am in a state of some of my notes being online, the rest offline. 

Anyway, it is a bit of a mess. Safest thing to do is remove (what should be local) notebooks on the web-interface and restore my local notebooks from the backup (enex files).

Thanks your help.

Archived