Simple logical AND search

Hi, my English is so bad. I'll do my best to try to explain my thoughts.

I would like to find all notes that containing the word "同步" AND are created in last 28 days.
(the date I make this search: 2017/02/23)
So I make a search phrase like this:

"同步" created:day-28

The result seems wrong, as it shows some notes that are created back in 2009, 2012 and 2015.
(Edited: snippet view -> list view)
1466908e-a32e-4405-8406-0043193192d7.png?resizeSmall&width=832

In contrast to Windows 7 Desktop version, both Mac OS X and Web Evernote result in 3 notes only, which makes sense to me.
f45e0f00-7b83-4457-995d-2b131bd3754f.png

3cb874b0-0425-4147-ba93-44dee7f49443.png

The version info:

Windows 7 desktop: 6.5.3.4452 (304452) Prerelease.
Mac OS X: 6.10 (454269 App Store)

The inconsistent search results confused me.
Please help to determine whether it is a bug or my misunderstanding.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your English looks pretty good to me.  :)

Your search works fine in Windows 10,  though I used different search terms and dates.  It is possible to exclude older notes with the syntax you used.

If this is a problem for you,  it may be helpful to rebuild your search index or rebuild your database from the server. 

The search index is easier - make sure you have a backup of your database folder in case of problems,  and Ctrl+Help to get an extended menu.  Choose Recreate Full Text Search Index and wait.  Depending on the size of your database this may take some time...

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, kttann said:

The result seems wrong, as it shows some notes that are created back in 2009, 2012 and 2015.

You are using the snippet view. You should be aware that the data shown on a snippet may not be the created date. You should verify your search using a list view.

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, jefito said:

You are using the snippet view. You should be aware that the data shown on a snippet may not be the created date. You should verify your search using a list view.

Interesting.  :P

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Interesting.  :P

In fact, as near as I can tell, it's always the updated date.

I was checking this out and thought I was seeing a bug, since there was a note I created two days ago that was not listed using the "updated:day-28" criterion. Turns out, I'd copied the note from a template, and then edited the template rather than the new note, so it had retained its original date. Doh.

10 小時前, gazumped說:

Hi.  Your English looks pretty good to me.  :)

Your search works fine in Windows 10,  though I used different search terms and dates.  It is possible to exclude older notes with the syntax you used.

If this is a problem for you,  it may be helpful to rebuild your search index or rebuild your database from the server. 

The search index is easier - make sure you have a backup of your database folder in case of problems,  and Ctrl+Help to get an extended menu.  Choose Recreate Full Text Search Index and wait.  Depending on the size of your database this may take some time...

I tried to exclude notes created before this year by adding one extra criterion:

"同步" created:year created:day-28

Still getting similar results.

cd040179-0bba-4949-83a9-81449f0c7619.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Then I tried to rebuild database and search index. (I didn't know there is an extended menu)

9a0e195b-a8c2-4347-849c-ce578ddd2929.png?resizeSmall&width=832

The results are still the same. These older notes still showed up.

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-22 at 9:34 PM, kttann said:

The inconsistent search results confused me.

I noticed the  "Found....and in Trash" in your first search

I wouldn't expect Trash notes to be included in a search.  Maybe a Windows thing?

8 小時前, jefito說:

In fact, as near as I can tell, it's always the updated date.

I was checking this out and thought I was seeing a bug, since there was a note I created two days ago that was not listed using the "updated:day-28" criterion. Turns out, I'd copied the note from a template, and then edited the template rather than the new note, so it had retained its original date. Doh.

I actually do aware that it's the updated date. But I assume that notes should be created before updated.
So those notes shouldn't have appeared in the result.

Anyway, I have updated a new list view screenshot instead. It should make the problem more understandable.

I tried to reinstall the release version client (6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public) and make the same search.
Although there are 87 notes showed up (instead of 3 notes as Evernote Web), the created date of those notes are actually right this time.

2dfa84be-e407-4266-926a-0f1e9a3120b2.png?resizeSmall&width=832&alpha=

All notes shown are created after 2017/01/26.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, kttann said:

I actually do aware that it's the updated date. But I assume that notes should be created before updated.
So those notes shouldn't have appeared in the result.

Your search "created:day-28" finds notes created in the last 28 days. Snippet view displays updated date. Searches for created date do not consult the updated date; they are wholly independent fields; in fact, you can edit the created date to be after the updated date, so they really are unrelated. My comment was based on the original images that you posted which were using snippet view, but now that you've replaced them, it's moot. And though it looks as though there may have been a bug with search previously, you updated, and now things seem to work. So moot as well...

Archived