Email subject today?

cgreen69

Hi everyone, 

I often forward work emails to evernote at the start of the day. The problem I have is that I want to set reminders for today and I would have thought I could add the tag !Today to the email subject but that doesn't work. I can make it work by typing today's date into the email subject but the format is unintuitive for me, here in the UK we use the format dd/mm/yyyy and evernote seems to want yyyy/mm/dd. If today is Monday and I put !Monday in the subject the reminder is set for a week today. 

I'm sure there must be an easier way but I'm struggling to find it. 

Thanks for any guidance you may have 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always useful to know what device and OS you're using.  In desktop applications it's possible to set up a text-expander like Phrase Express to create a standard 'stamp'  containing whatever text you require and today's (or any other) date in the required format.  So "!20170221" could be one keypress away....

http://www.phraseexpress.com/

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, cgreen69 said:

Hi everyone, 

I often forward work emails to evernote at the start of the day. The problem I have is that I want to set reminders for today and I would have thought I could add the tag !Today to the email subject but that doesn't work. I can make it work by typing today's date into the email subject but the format is unintuitive for me, here in the UK we use the format dd/mm/yyyy and evernote seems to want yyyy/mm/dd. If today is Monday and I put !Monday in the subject the reminder is set for a week today. 

I'm sure there must be an easier way but I'm struggling to find it. 

Thanks for any guidance you may have 

Tags are independent of Reminder times.  Easiest ways I know are:

1. Get used to !2017/02/21 (sorry)
  2. Use a text expander like PhraseExpress to put the date in the subject line.  

Side bar, you can actually use PE to replicate all the steps you take to forward the email such that a hot key will do all that you are doing manually.  For example I have a PE hot key which I use to forward receipts to EN.  I put the notebook and tags in the subject.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

So "!20170221" could be one keypress away..

Gaz, I think you have to put the slashes in for it to work !2017/02/21 for the day.  Otherwise you just get a reminder, no date.  ;)

Archived