Copying notes to local notebook

I am running Evernote on Windows 7 Professional, Evernote version 6.4.2.3788 Basic package.

I am trying to copy notes from a synced notebook to a local notebook.  When I copy a note that is 30 MB to the local notebook, I receive an "upload limit reached" error.  If I look at my account information on the web version of Evernote, it says I have 60 MB remaining.  I have verified that my local notebook is indeed a local notebook.  Why am I receiving this message about my upload limit reached, since I am copying the note to a local notebook?

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're not Evernote as such,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum;  if you're not a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

If your account information says you have 60MB remaining in your upload limit,  that is the accurate figure;  but the note size limit for a basic account is 25MB and that may be why you're getting an error message.  Could you create a new note and copy sections of the synced note into a new local note?

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, J99 said:

I am trying to copy notes from a synced notebook to a local notebook.

Moving/adding notes to a local notebook should not impact your upload limit.  Perhaps you recently added a note or notes which is causing the error message.  IAC, you could try disconnecting from the internet and then moving the note(s).  Or export the notes to an ENEX file and then import into a local notebook.

I think gazumped was correct that I was receiving the error message because the note itself is over 25 MB.  I exported the note, then edited the .enex file, broke the note up into multiple pieces, imported the note back in, then moved the notes to the local notebook.  The reason I edited the .enex file was because I wanted to preserve the original dates, authors, etc information contained in the note.

Archived