Lousy Service

I am paying $25.00 a year for PREMIUM service. I submitted a help request to Evernote support. I have not received my reply in over a week. Your customer support service sucks. If that is the way you treat a PAYING customer I would hate to see how you respond to normal requests. I can see a delay if I was using the free program, but I paid for service & I expect a little better treatment. My ticket # was  2009689. I was finally able to figure out a solution to my problem, No Thanks to You. If your standard procedure to not answer requests for support it should be stated or at least indicate that it may take an extremely long time to receive help! You have no other way listed to contact your services which seems to me that you are not interested in the users that need help. I am not inclined to try scrolling through endless forum questions with the hope of finding a solution to a problem. I have found that if I can't find an answer in a FAQ file I am just wasting my time. I am pretty computer literate & if I have a question I can usually resolve it on my own.

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're not Evernote as such,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum;  so if you need help,  while it's a good idea to raise a support ticket if you have a problem,  you can also ask any question here and we'll try to assist.  In normal circumstances while you get a reference number to secure your place in the support queue,  it can take several days at busy times for a 'real' person to come back to you.  We're usually quicker.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Gregory1013 said:

My ticket # was  2009689

You would have received this ticket # in an email from Support.  
A better route for contacting Support is to reply to that email.  As @gazumped said, this is a user discussion forum

>>I am paying $25.00 a year for PREMIUM service.

That seems like a bargain, but I guess it depends on the currency :)

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

>>I am paying $25.00 a year for PREMIUM service.

That seems like a bargain, but I guess it depends on the currency

Not sure how this is going to help the OP....

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Gregory1013 said:

Thanks for response. Is there any way to contact Evernote support other than a ticket?

Twitter @evernotehelps   The support web site also has  chat button

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Sjaak said:

Yep, July 30, 2017, can't get anyone @ evernote to respond to anything

As paying subscribers, we are entitled to enhanced support; I’d use the support web site at Contact Evernote Support
This does not mean you get instant response.  Note, this is the weekend and not regular business hours

There is also a chat feature during business hours. 

Or, instead of posting whining rants; you could provide details of your issue and get suggestions from the user base

On 7/30/2017 at 11:11 PM, DTLow said:

As paying subscribers, we are entitled to enhanced support; I’d use the support web site at Contact Evernote Support
This does not mean you get instant response.  Note, this is the weekend and not regular business hours

There is also a chat feature during business hours. 

Or, instead of posting whining rants; you could provide details of your issue and get suggestions from the user base

DT, as for whining rant. Have tried to contact thru twitter both "main" and "help" with DT's Have tried it thru web site too. FB post too............... result? Zip, zilch, zero.... it's now Tuesday where i am at. That frankly is unacceptable. Also, "regular business hours". Evernote operates global.............. that means... regular business hours are 24-7. They are for me as a nomad. So no, not impressed to say the least. As a retired business owner and now occasional consultant my paying clients expect responsiveness, as they should.

Feel free to dismiss my rant.

As for the issue; A unknown person asked permission to access one of my notebooks. How is that possible? Do they have access thru evernote, is evernote hacked? Telll me if you know, after all Evernote does not respond. 

Thank you,

Sjaak

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Sjaak said:

A unknown person asked permission to access one of my notebooks. How is that possible? Do they have access thru evernote,

This happpens to me occasionally.  

In the forums I post a public url to one of my notes and users can access the note via a  web browser.

If the note contains internal links, and the user clicks on them this triggers the “unknown person requesting access”

This freaked me out the first time, but I just ignore the request now

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

This happpens to me occasionally.  

In the forums I post a public url to one of my notes and users can access the note via a  web browser.

If the note contains internal links, and the user clicks on them this triggers the “unknown person requesting access”

This freaked me out the first time, but I just ignore the request now

The thing is I've never posted an url in a public place. Appreciate your input though DTLow. It was not an unknown either, it came via email to me. 

Instead of submitting a support ticket, chat with a support member. Sometimes its hard to describe the problem, once ticket is generated, send them a video. If they have the answer they will promptly reply else you get their standard message that its been submitted to new feature request and they can't tell how long it will take. 

19 hours ago, chemie said:

Instead of submitting a support ticket, chat with a support member. Sometimes its hard to describe the problem, once ticket is generated, send them a video. If they have the answer they will promptly reply else you get their standard message that its been submitted to new feature request and they can't tell how long it will take. 

Thanks for your input Chemie, appreciate it. Note that chat is available during "business hours"...... local time that is. Biz these days is global. Evernote pretends to be global, acts local. That they move issues they don't have an answer over to "new feature request" is sad, truly  sad.

Hi, indeed Evernote do not offer world-wide service other than during their own office hours. Despite their claims of serving 200millon plus customers the actual number of paying subscribers has never been disclosed at any time. 

Take a look at their website, their careers page in particular, and you will find what jobs are going and at which locations.  U.S. and Beijing (China), and nowhere else.

So indeed, their whole presentation looks very local in every sense. Or are learning flower arranging, public speaking or lock picking the most wanted career aspects when it comes to job seekers with previous professional experience? Doubtful to say the least.

So see what you get seems quite appropriate. At least there is no false pretense, something which I do value. Quite rare these days.

• 5 weeks later...

I was a base user now turned plus but soon to be with another service all together.

I received terrible service from the Evernote support team. When I asked a question as a base user they sent what looked like an automatic reply to go to the forums.

I was annoyed at the 'paying customers only matter' vibe  so I responded, Thanks for nothing. Literally. As they literally did not help me in any way. My question remained unanswered and I looked else where for solutions.

You'd think that would be the end of the conversation. Apparently the Evernote staff feels safe enough behind their computers and anonymity to try and shame their users. I was told that I was right about 'paying customer only matter' and that I never paid to used Evernote since I joined, so am I really getting nothing?

Like I said. I did thank them for nothing because I got nothing from their service. If Evernote wanted money so badly they would eliminate the free/base package and raise the prices.

Either way that isn't the point. The point is that the reps are not good at their jobs. Particularly Dani B who I unfortunately had to deal with. And what's worse is that there is nothing that can be done about it.

Hopefully my letter to the the Better Business Bureau helps others that run into this issue.

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-05 at 5:17 PM, ohmymelissa said:

When I asked a question as a base user they sent what looked like an automatic reply to go to the forums.

I was annoyed at the 'paying customers only matter' vibe  so I responded, Thanks for nothing. Literally. As they literally did not help me in any way. My question remained unanswered and I looked else where for solutions.

You do realize these forums have been provided by Evernote and are a resource for solving issues.
Many issues have been solved by posting the issue details; you should have tried this route

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to point out that people who don't pay for Plus or Premium, don't get customer service. We can't even send an email. These forums are our only options which are incredibly unhelpful for account-specific inquiries. I haven't figured out how some rando can help me with a glitch on my account when they don't even work for Evernote. I don't have any reason to pay for service when they don't seem to handle user issues either way. Who does business like this?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, User89723498 said:

I'd just like to point out that people who don't pay for Plus or Premium, don't get customer service. We can't even send an email. These forums are our only options 

All accounts have access to     Twitter @evernotehelps

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, User89723498 said:

Who does business like this?

...And a lot of firms including Microsoft and Google do business like this.  Once you get past a certain number of users it's not possible to provide individual responses to queries.

• Level 5
23 hours ago, User89723498 said:

I'd just like to point out that people who don't pay for Plus or Premium, don't get customer service. We can't even send an email. These forums are our only options which are incredibly unhelpful for account-specific inquiries. I haven't figured out how some rando can help me with a glitch on my account when they don't even work for Evernote. I don't have any reason to pay for service when they don't seem to handle user issues either way. Who does business like this?

It's possible to pay for just one month of Plus or Premium service and get access to support, which might be worth it to deal with an account issue. As you say, us randos here can''t access your account information.

Technically, I suppose, one could argue that "people who don't pay for Plus or Premium, don't get customer service" because they are not actually customers, in the strictest sense of the term. Meaning no offense, just sayin'.

Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It's possible to pay for just one month of Plus or Premium service and get access to support, which might be worth it to deal with an account issue. As you say, us randos here can''t access your account information.

Technically, I suppose, one could argue that "people who don't pay for Plus or Premium, don't get customer service" because they are not actually customers, in the strictest sense of the term. Meaning no offense, just sayin'.

I do pay, yet the "service" received was let's just say "non existent" at first. It took twitter/fb/messaging/this  blog to  get something done. Frankly that is not doing it. The saying "you get what you pay for" does at this time not apply to Evernote. The new man @ the top talks a great game......... I'd say,  "put up or shut up". *note, I owned 3 businesses, and if we would have provided this level of service they would have been out of business fast. Rightfully so. CS is key, this does not exempt Evernote, quite the opposite with competition on the move............. For the free users, I got this; there is no free in life. 

• Level 5

@Sjaak, I would agree that Evernote's customer service is not all it could be, or at least should be. I've gotten good responses the couple of times I've managed to create a ticket on the creaky support-contact page. But I've also heard a lot of stories about less-than-prompt responses. OTOH, if you think about outfits like Google and Microsoft which have essentially no customer service at all, no one seems to criticize them for it. It may be one of those things where your reputation suffers less for not offering something than for offering a less than perfect form of it.

@Dave-in-Decatur Evernote makes a lot of promises................ Including customer service. I therefore made the decision to pay. Gets lots of my data. As for Google/MS?........ they are also getting their share. Not here though, since it's about Evernote, by Evernote. 

Archived