Public link was added automatically when adding reminder

When I add a reminder to a note, the note will also create its public link at the same time. I know I could remove the link manually afterwards, but I rather want to stop it from creating at the first place. Does anyone know how to break this “link creating” relationship with adding a reminder? Thank you!

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, JLLee said:

When I add a reminder to a note, the note will also create its public link at the same time. I know I could remove the link manually afterwards, but I rather want to stop it from creating at the first place. Does anyone know how to break this “link creating” relationship with adding a reminder?

Which platform; Web, Mac, Windows...

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, JLLee said:

When I add a reminder to a note, the note will also create its public link at the same time.

I'm not sure what this means Where does this "public link" appear? In the note metadata? On Instagram?

Thank you for all the replies! I'm using Evernote for Mac. However, I think it is not related to the platform. As even when I add a task by using my Evernote email address, with an “!” in the subject (the syntax to set a reminder to the note), that note will has its “public link” too.

Normally a note doesn't have a “public link” until we use the menu item “Note > More Sharing > Copy Public Link” to create one. However, when I:

1. Set a reminder for a note;

2. Perform a sync;

3. Wait for the sync to finish;

4. A “public link” for that note is created automatically.

For note without “public link,” the menu item “Note > More Sharing > Stop Sharing Public Link” is greyed out. For note with the link, this menu item would be available.

To search for all the notes having a “public link”, you can perform a search with “sharedate:*”.

Although others need the complicated link to see my note, but it's still a privacy issue that my personal notes may be viewable to others before I turn off the link. So I'd like to stop the link from creating at the first place. Thank you!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, JLLee said:

1. Set a reminder for a note;

2. Perform a sync;

3. Wait for the sync to finish;

4. A “public link” for that note is created automatically.

Just tried it on my Mac - no public link was created

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, JLLee said:

However, I think it is not related to the platform.

I can tell you that this does not happen on the Windows platform.

I have many reminders that do not have a 'sharedate' entry, if that's the criterion (even reminders in a notebook that's shared). Moreover, I have a note that has a sharedate, but no public link (right click on Note in note list / Share / Modify Sharing : [] Enable public link is unchecked. I'm not convinced that 'sharedate' is an accurate criterion for whether a note has a a public link or not.

This may just be a Mac thing, but DTLow's result seems to imply that something else is going on.

Thank all! With the help of an Evernote Expert after contacting Evernote Support, I figured out that it is due to the integration of Nozbe. After removing the connection, no public link was created again by setting a reminder!

Archived