Jump to content
  • 0

Improve Evernote Tables


JErnestGo

Idea

7 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2017 at 9:31 PM, JErnestGo said:

I use Mac OS often times, and rarely go with Windows. But I would say this may apply to other platforms as well.

I would like to add to this. I use MacOS at home and Windows at work. Often times I need to be able to format my tables on Windows (background colors of cells, line colors, etc) so I can present it but those options aren't there for the Windows client.

Link to post

Please enable the header row and home column to be locked so that tables are useful when scrolling (beyond the initial screen).  Currently, those who need to make serious use of tables must use another solution.  It would be tremendous to be able to truly add tables as a practical tool to Evernote's other great features.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, JErnestGo said:

I am a heavy Google Apps user and I find the Table, and its function on Evernote a bit disturbing. Please optimize the Table, and its function with Evernote.

Is this a general cross-platfrom request, or were you thinking of a specific platform (Windows, Web,....)

Link to post
Just now, DTLow said:

Is this a general cross-platfrom request, or were you thinking of a specific platform (Windows, Web,....)

I use Mac OS often times, and rarely go with Windows. But I would say this may apply to other platforms as well.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, JErnestGo said:

I use Mac OS often times, and rarely go with Windows. But I would say this may apply to other platforms as well.

I guess you haven't tried working with tables in the Web or Mobile platforms

Macs are one of the most table feature rich platforms. 

Were there any specific features you're interested in

Link to post
On 2/14/2017 at 11:38 AM, DTLow said:

I guess you haven't tried working with tables in the Web or Mobile platforms

Macs are one of the most table feature rich platforms. 

Were there any specific features you're interested in

Yes Yes. I do have Table Features I like Evernote to improve on or consider:

1. When using arrow keys to navigate through the tables, instead of the cursor going directly downwards from a cell, it follows a sequence from left to right. Google Sheets give much flexibility with Tables, same as MS Excel.

2. Each Cell on a Google Sheet/MS Excel allows a drag all feature by pointing the track pad arrow on the right most part of a Cell, Holding and Dragging the pointer based on preferences. 

Link to post
On 2/21/2017 at 10:24 PM, JErnestGo said:

Yes Yes. I do have Table Features I like Evernote to improve on or consider:

1. When using arrow keys to navigate through the tables, instead of the cursor going directly downwards from a cell, it follows a sequence from left to right. Google Sheets give much flexibility with Tables, same as MS Excel.

2. Each Cell on a Google Sheet/MS Excel allows a drag all feature by pointing the track pad arrow on the right most part of a Cell, Holding and Dragging the pointer based on preferences. 

In addition I also find selecting cells on a table difficult with EN. As I hold on a single cell on the top of a table for a column, and drag it to select all the cells in that specific column, EN includes without permission, other cells from other columns which I have not selected.

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...