removed the ownership from notebook

mcastro35

Hi ..

I've created a stack of notebooks and shared ... perfect, even in the basic account.

Now I want to removed my ownership from this stack and let the others continue using those notebook...How could I change the ownership of this stack of notebooks?

Thanks 

Marcelo

• Level 5*

Remove ownership? No way that I know of. Those notes (and the notebooks they belong to) are in your account, and you can only share them.

The workaround, I suppose, would be for one the people you shared to export each notebook to ENML format (has to be on a Windows or Mac system), and then import the exported files in, and share those with the other people you shared to. Then you could safely delete those notebooks from your account.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, mcastro35 said:

Now I want to removed my ownership from this stack and let the others continue using those notebook...How could I change the ownership of this stack of notebooks?

A stack is owned by the account and not shared

Notebooks are shared and have a single owner (Personal Accounts; Business Accounts are another story)
As @jefito said, ownership can't be transferred 

One of the users has to create and share a replacement notebook

Any Notes can be moved/copied to the new notebook
You can then remove sharing or delete the old notebook 

• Level 5*

Just one final point..  if others are to continue using these notebooks,  someone else has to take over the management role,  create the copy notebooks and re-share them to the group.  Otherwise when you delete your copy of those notebooks they're going to disappear from everyone's account...

Archived